X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my shots from the VM

Comment

Oooh! That SQ B747!!
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        Oooh! That SQ B747!!
        Seem's like C15/C16 are remote gates. SQ usually park some of their fleet there now adays.

Comment

What do you mean actually by remote gates. C15/C16 is still at T1 right? Does it mean that SQ will park the fleet at this gate and let the passengers being transported by bus to T2 or T3? And does the passenger boarding this fleet need to be transported by bus to C15/16? Because it still at T1 and if they use aerobridge, the passenger will still have to go through T1 inside the airport (although SQ normally use T2 and T3, but if they park at this gate that means SQ also use T1). Please anyone can explain on this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
            What do you mean actually by remote gates. C15/C16 is still at T1 right? Does it mean that SQ will park the fleet at this gate and let the passengers being transported by bus to T2 or T3? And does the passenger boarding this fleet need to be transported by bus to C15/16? Because it still at T1 and if they use aerobridge, the passenger will still have to go through T1 inside the airport (although SQ normally use T2 and T3, but if they park at this gate that means SQ also use T1). Please anyone can explain on this? Thanks.
            Nope.SQ only operate at T2 and T3. But they park some of their planes at T1 for checks (I don't know the reason why). The other day I saw one of the SQ744 being TOWED from C15 (T1) to T3.

Comment

Is there an observation deck airside?

Comment

Airside is where you can get all the views! Winks!
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                  Seem's like C15/C16 are remote gates. SQ usually park some of their fleet there now adays.
                  Only C15 is the remote gate. C16 is operational.

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
                  Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                  Nope.SQ only operate at T2 and T3. But they park some of their planes at T1 for checks (I don't know the reason why). The other day I saw one of the SQ744 being TOWED from C15 (T1) to T3.
                  Using gate C15 as a remote gate means that they utilize only the parking bay of the gate, but not the gate holdroom. Currently the gate holdroom area is under renovation and is closed. So the parking area at C15 is used as a remote bay, just like the real remote gates (e.g. gates 300-309 opposite the VM).

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                  Is there an observation deck airside?
                  All 3 terminals have glass windows facing various portions of the apron. T2 and T3 also have windows facing the runways but they are tinted. The Sunflower Garden at T2 can also double as an observation deck but runway movements are somewhat distant from there.

Comment

SQ A340-500 9V-SGA was at C15 today.

Comment

Wow, really nice Viewing Mall !!!

Will be transiting SIN on 22jan11; if anyone can take a picture of 'my' aircraft and put them here, I would be thrilled

Arrival is KL0835 and departure is 3K0551...

Cheers,

SQ323

Comment

Originally posted by SQ323 View Post
                        Wow, really nice Viewing Mall !!!

Will be transiting SIN on 22jan11; if anyone can take a picture of 'my' aircraft and put them here, I would be thrilled

Arrival is KL0835 and departure is 3K0551...

Cheers,

SQ323
                        I MIGHT head down to the vm to get some shots.But only if 'your' aircraft docks at D34 or any other gates which is visible from the vm.

Comment

Working...
                        X