CX to Taipei and W Taipei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX to Taipei and W Taipei

Went on a short trip to Taipei very recently to attend a celebrity wedding at the W hotel. Some pictures of the flight and hotel to share (sorry for the quality, some of them were taken with iPhone):

Took the first CX flight to TPE from HKG. Strangely, the 747-400 was parked at a remote gate. No complain as I love boarding from the staircase …

Love having 3 windows to myself …

Breakfast was served …
    Fruits and bread basket:

Yummy dim sum:

Finished off with English breakfast tea:

Picked-up from TPE by W Hotel … in a Porsche Cayenne

In-car entertainment (WiFi, TV with AVOD, wireless headphone, magazine and green apples …)

Arrived at W …

My transport parked …

Close-up …
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

W Hotel – ground lobby (from here, need to take a lift to hotel lobby which is on the 10th floor)

Views of the hotel lobby on the 10th floor …

Reception …

Lifts to the room (mine was on the 26th floor) …

Walkway to the room …

Wall decoration …

Finally reaching …

First view of the room …

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Fab pics of the W Taipei, it looks phenomenal! Look forward to more! Looks like I need to plan a return visit to Taipei sooner rather than later - they seem to have lots of awesome Happenings rather frequently in their Living Room if their FB page is anything to go by.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Welcome gift and treats …

The room, with view of Taipei 101 …

Very comfortable bed … and slippers …

Chaise lounge …

Many goodies (at cost, of course …)

View of the open-style bathroom …

Shower (very good water pressure) …

Toilet ... with fancy Japanese style contols (same control panel as Park Hyatt Shanghai, albeilt in different colour)

Personally, I think the room is a tad small and a bit too busy with all the decorations/ furnitures ... the output volumn of the Bose speaker set has been limited to a level too soft for my liking ... but I had a very comfortable sleep (the alcohol at the wedding party helped for sure) and the Whatever/Whenever service team was fabulous !
        Last edited by Flyerfly; 16 May 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Thanks for sharing.

Fab pics of the W Taipei, it looks phenomenal! Look forward to more! Looks like I need to plan a return visit to Taipei sooner rather than later - they seem to have lots of awesome Happenings rather frequently in their Living Room if their FB page is anything to go by.

Oh you should really visit soon ... the hotel is also very close to some of the best clubs in Taipei ... it is also just next to the subway and next to a few good shopping malls

Comment

Woke up to a gloomy Taipei …

Breakfast is served at the Kitchen Table … very good selection of food, including Taiwanese style breakfast (porridge, fried noodle, fried meehoon, sweet potato, etc.)

Hotel pool and pool bar, which is call Bar at WET (literally this morning …)

After some shopping in Taipei, it’s time to depart for TPE … this time, a 7-series was dispatched by the hotel … (must say it’s more comfortable than the Cayenne)

Terminal 1 of TPE (which CX uses) is still under renovation .. the new immigration area is up and it is way better than the previous one … same as the new duty free shopping area … sorry forgot to take photo

Also forgot to take photos on the return flight ... until spotted this amazing view while overflying Hong Kong Island (can you identify IFC in Hong Kong, ICC in Kowloon and Stanley, all in this picture?) …

Thanks for reading !!

Comment

Great TR, no wedding photos?! Interesting to see what a Wedding looks like

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
              Woke up to a gloomy Taipei …

Breakfast is served at the Kitchen Table … very good selection of food, including Taiwanese style breakfast (porridge, fried noodle, fried meehoon, sweet potato, etc.)
              Is breakfast normally included for SPG Plats here?
              Also forgot to take photos on the return flight ... until spotted this amazing view while overflying Hong Kong Island (can you identify IFC in Hong Kong, ICC in Kowloon and Stanley, all in this picture?) …

That's a great shot! Very nice and surely a narrow window for catching that...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post

Very nice picture.... Just like a postcard of Hong Kong, very beautiful....

Thanks or sharing them Flyerfly....

Comment

Thanks ... i like that photo too .. make HK looks so small

In fact I was alerted to the scenery by the stewardess, who were all peeping through the windows (the J cabin were near empty) ... one commented that this was an unusual route for flights into HKIA ...

Comment

post deleted
                    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the TR. I will be trying the new W in my next trip to Taipei. How you find the room? How's the sound-proofing? Is the BF food quality good? Internet fast and hassle-free?

Comment

Loved that last picture of HK!

Comment

Working...
                        X