SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    9V-SVI performed an air test this morning.

I think SVG & SVI are in the process of leaving.
    SRM also stopped flying around the same time, one of the 772 is schedule leave this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
      SRM also stopped flying around the same time, one of the 772 is schedule leave this year.
      It wouldn’t make sense to retire 9V-SRM this early, however. It is one of the few 777-200 birds to have been refitted with the 2006Y.

Comment

• Quite sure SRM won’t be retired cos of the 2006Y products fitted. They wouldn’t have fitted it if the plan was to retire it the first out of all the remaining SR/SQ series craft. I’m quite sure the decision to refurbish SRM, SQK SQM and SQN wasn’t random. They plan to keep those birds.
        SQJ/L and SRO/P/Q are more likely candidates.

Comment

• SQJ is actually quite a bit older than the rest of the birds so I'm guessing that's the one to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            Quite sure SRM won’t be retired cos of the 2006Y products fitted. They wouldn’t have fitted it if the plan was to retire it the first out of all the remaining SR/SQ series craft. I’m quite sure the decision to refurbish SRM, SQK SQM and SQN wasn’t random. They plan to keep those birds.
            SQJ/L and SRO/P/Q are more likely candidates.
            But three months ago, on a separate thread (SQ Fleet), you said the following:

from that, it appears SQ's priority may simply be in offering a consistent feel across its aircraft. in which case, the remaining lifespan of the aircraft doesn't matter in the decision to refurbish with 2006Y.

according to a captain i had a chat with, the few 772s were refitted with 2006Y at random..when it was convenient (i.e. during one of their major checks)..and apparently there arent plans to refit any other 772s.
            http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=945

May you elaborate?

Comment

• I'm afraid the refitting with ex-77W products was quite random. There's been intel on here that it was just something they did if the opportunity arose and really they've been very half-hearted about it. There hasn't even been an attempt to keep SVB & SVC on routes like IST and CHC where it's needed the most. That said, when they begin retiring old 772s, I'm sure it's a factor in choosing which ones go first.

Comment

• SQ528|29JUN (SIN-MAA) and SQ529|29JUN (MAA-SIN) was operated by B77E (9V-SVM) instead of the scheduled A333.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                  But three months ago, on a separate thread (SQ Fleet), you said the following:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=945

May you elaborate?

wow, are you questioning the integrity of my contributions or genuinely confused?

well, as you pointed out...that comment was 3 months ago. we are all just talking and discussing things here, what was said then may not be relevant now.

anyway, now that those 772s were refurbed, i'm sure SQ would have plans to keep them longer vs the unrefurbed ones. that's what i was trying to say.

Comment

• I can confirm that 9V-SYJ has had the 2006Y installed. A friend of mine flew earlier today on SQ953 (CGK-SIN) that was operated by SYJ, and he specifically said that the remotes were located below the screen, not on the armrest.

Comment

• SVG has gone for a fly around as SQ8877 this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                        SVG has gone for a fly around as SQ8877 this morning.
                        Her tail fin has been painted over with blue paint. She's currently parked at hanger 1.

Comment

• 9V-SVI departed for Victorville as SQ8877.

Comment

• Whilst not strictly a SQ B777 retirement related news/information, some of the ex-SQ SV* series birds are having a new lease of life with other carriers, albeit a short one, as per this discussion on A-Net - http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1398615

It was previously reported that the former 9V-SVL became ZK-OKI with Air New Zealand, but apparently 2 of the ex Spacebed birds 9V-SVD and 9V-SVF is going to LATAM. All those birds are being used to cover the RR Trent 1000 engine issues/mess affecting the 787s worldwide... Specially interesting would be SVD, as I believe she was stored pretty much upon return from leave by BI...
                            Last edited by wlgspotter; 11 July 2018, 05:29 PM. Reason: Typo correction

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                              Whilst not strictly a SQ B777 retirement related news/information, some of the ex-SQ SV* series birds are having a new lease of life with other carriers, albeit a short one, as per this discussion on A-Net - http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1398615

It was previously reported that the former 9V-SVL became ZK-OKI with Air New Zealand, but apparently 2 of the ex Spacebed birds 9V-SVD and 9V-SVF is going to LATAM. All those birds are being used to cover the RR Trent 1000 engine issues/mess affecting the 787s worldwide... Specially interesting would be SVD, as I believe she was stored pretty much upon return from leave by BI...
                              Indeed you are right about SVD. BI returned it and its time since then has been mostly at ASP. I know what a car would smell like after being locked up in fierce heat for a few years! Perhaps the old config better matches LATAM's 787 seating requirements?

Comment

• btw, photos of ZK-OKI (ex 9V-SVL) now flying on lease to Air NZ... they didn't paint over the SQ livery? (albeit with the tail bird painted over blue)
                                looks so awkward!

Comment

Working...
                                X