Layover at FRA for SIN-JFK vv.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layover at FRA for SIN-JFK vv.

I will be flying SIN-JFK via FRA (B747) and back in June. I would like to ask if any of you have recent experience on this flight to tell me if i will need to get off the plane in FRA for some security check or can i stay in the plane for the whole duration of the layover. thanks.

I haven't flown straight through without a stopover, but I've flown both segments many times and my recollection is that everyone must disembark at FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
      I will be flying SIN-JFK via FRA (B747) and back in June. I would like to ask if any of you have recent experience on this flight to tell me if i will need to get off the plane in FRA for some security check or can i stay in the plane for the whole duration of the layover. thanks.
      My latest flight to JFK back in December required all passengers to disembark at the C gates for flights bound to the USA.

If you do not walk over to the B pier, you would not need to go through security screening before boarding.

If you have lounge access, the nearest lounge is the UA Red Carpet Club.

Comment

Last month, when I took the flight, all pax had to disembark. UA International FC Lounge and UA Red Carpet Club were used for lounge access, and the rest of pax had to wait at the gate area. (SQ26 arrives and departs at Terminal C)

Comment

but what are their reasons for asking you to disembark when you are going to continue on the same plane? And btw, how many BTC meals are there?

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
            but what are their reasons for asking you to disembark when you are going to continue on the same plane? And btw, how many BTC meals are there?
            security requirements?

Comment

but if we are just waiting in the lounge or around the boarding gate what security are they doing?

Comment

Pax will need to go through a security checkpoint before proceeding back to the gate.
                zxcvbn

Comment

i've not been on the flight before, but i suspect the answer might be a simple one: crew need to clean up the plane after an 8ish hour flight from new york.

I'm sure the joining passengers don't want to join a flight where the seat pocket in front of you has used peanut wrappers. sure it could be done just for the seats which had pax disembarking at FRA, but imagine that seat being the A window seat and B / C being occupied?

far easier to get everyone to disembark and chop chop 1 hour plus clean up the plane, get in new food/water supplies as well as sort out the lavatories.

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                    Pax will need to go through a security checkpoint before proceeding back to the gate.
                    Unfortunately, your answer makes me wonder whether you had taken this SQ26 flight or not. Last month when I took this flight, there was no security checkpoint prior to the gate. So, basically pax disembarked, and there was a sign board explaining where F, C, TPP, QPP, and *G pax should go, as well as the rest of the Y pax, which was basically suggested to go back to the gate area and wait there. There were two or three x-rays but were unused.

Looks like that SQ26 always arrives and departs from Gate C8 (if I remember correctly). The security check points will be for pax who check-in at FRA after going through passport control. And pax who comes from T2 or T1, will have to go through security check point somewhere near to Red Carpet Club. From here it will be a quiet bit of a walk. You will pass gates for AA or UA flights to the US. There will be one coffee shop and one newsstand corner. But after that towards SQ gate, I did not see any shop.

At the gate, as I mentioned above, there were the x-ray security check points, but were not opened. You just walked pass through and you will find two podium for passport/visa checkers.

The main reason for all pax disembarkations, I believe is the requirement by the US - similar to SQ12 at NRT, or SQ16 at ICN, as well as SQ 2 at HKG. Of course, the plane will need to be cleaned and refreshed, but that not the reason why all pax must leave.

Comment

Thanks so much for that detailed explanation SQ LPP.
                      Just out of curiosity as i was looking through the explanation, i am new at my job which requires LOTS of travelling, now waiting to go back to SIN from DXB, as i am making my way up the PPS ladder, would like to know from head to tail of the krisflyer + PPS ladder. thanks.

Comment

I had an interesting encounter with SQ25 yesterday. We disembarked at a remote bay and were ferried by bus to the terminal!

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                          I had an interesting encounter with SQ25 yesterday. We disembarked at a remote bay and were ferried by bus to the terminal!
                          That should happen less frequently now that FRA's new C gates opened a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Unfortunately, your answer makes me wonder whether you had taken this SQ26 flight or not.
                            Sorry, must have confused FRA with another airport..
                            zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                              No such problems with SQ25 yesterday...arrived early at FRA at gate B23 and got to take a shower in the SEN lounge before getting onto the SIN leg.

Comment

Working...
                              X