No announcement yet.

MH360 Trip report. Yes formerly MH370!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH360 Trip report. Yes formerly MH370!

Yes I was nervous. Silly really. Like lightning ever strikes twice.
    An Indian American family I met later said they too almost didn't fly into KL with MH because of what they saw in the media. They decided they could keel over anytime anywhere and was glad to have visited because they love Malaysia.
    On this trip, I relearned that I do too. I am sure locals will have their own opinions of their country but there is a graciousness and sincerity that seems to be eroding in Singapore.
    Anyway, I also rediscovered MH. It is not perfect. But the crew was great.

http://srflyer.blogspot.sg/2014/07/f...la-lumpur.html
    Have Passport Will Travel!

Thanks for the report

I find it amusing how some people try their best to avoid MH these days, to the extent of taking a subpar and more expensive alternative.

By the way, I think the lack of alcoholic pre-departure beverages is more of a money-saving thing rather than following Islamic customs. I may be wrong, but I think they want to avoid paying taxes for serving alcohol on ground.
    Last edited by SilverChris; 17 July 2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Agreed. I think it's more of a money saving thing to not serve alcoholic pdb.

Anyway, actually MH360 existed all along. 370 was renumbered 318.

I did MH360 in June, and flew with a great set of crew. I chef-on-call the Lamb Shank. Absolutely delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by emperorsr View Post
        Yes I was nervous. Silly really. Like lightning ever strikes twice.
        http://srflyer.blogspot.sg/2014/07/f...la-lumpur.html
        Oh dear... Those were my first thoughts too...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Thanks for the report

I find it amusing how some people try their best to avoid MH these days, to the extent of taking a subpar and more expensive alternative.

By the way, I think the lack of alcoholic pre-departure beverages is more of a money-saving thing rather than following Islamic customs. I may be wrong, but I think they want to avoid paying taxes for serving alcohol on ground.
          Many airlines, including USA carriers, serve cheap sparkling wine on the ground to avoid paying taxes on good champagne. I always just have water and wait for the good stuff up in the air. Of course, on SQ I'll make an exception for the Dom even if they're not also offering Krug.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Thanks for the report

May and may not. Do not forget passenger also pay less. A MH Y ticket to Beijing can be S$200-$250 cheaper compare to other major airline too!
            If your ticket is paid by your company, then this is different story.
            Last edited by cscs1956; 20 July 2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              May and may not. Do not forget passenger also pay less. A MH Y ticket to Beijing can be S$200-$250 cheaper compare to other major airline too!
              If your ticket is paid by your company, then this is different story.
              How about getting a gist of my post before replying?

Comment

Working...
              X