Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience of Missed Approach to share ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only incident i experienced was on an LH A320 flight from Frankfurt to Zurich - the wheels touched the ground then we lifted off again, with the captain telling us the aircraft in front hadnt cleared the runway yet. There wasnt poor visibility either - what the

Comment

Originally posted by pungpui View Post
      the only incident i experienced was on an LH A320 flight from Frankfurt to Zurich - the wheels touched the ground then we lifted off again, with the captain telling us the aircraft in front hadnt cleared the runway yet. There wasnt poor visibility either - what the
      visibility has nothing to do with whether the aircraft hasn't cleared the runway.....
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by pungpui View Post
        If the aircraft in front hadn't cleared the runway, the ATC ought to be shot for clearing your aircraft to land.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          visibility has nothing to do with whether the aircraft hasn't cleared the runway.....
          nothing to do with whether the aircraft hasn't cleared the runway - more the fact that our captain didnt have poor visibility to notice the other aircraft on the runway, and yet the wheels touched the ground.

Comment

Had one, though not exactly a missed approach. BKK-DAC. TG B772. Flight initially delayed 2 hours due to Fog. On approach, Biman A310 was having problems on runway. We were on approach when we circled another round before landing.

Comment

SQ298 - Aug 10

I had another experience of a go-around yesterday on SQ 298 from CHC. The plane was on a direct path in from the south-east and banked steeply left over Sungai Johor to line up with 20R, all the while dropping altitude. Just as it flew over Changi Village, the engines roared up again, and the nose lifted up but there was to perceptible altitude change for quite a few seconds before it felt that the plane was lifting up. Not sure how many in the cabin realised what was happening.

Pilot came on a few minutes later to announce there they had to go-around because they received very late instructions from ATC and didn't manage to get the plane low enough.

Comment

Makes me think of this story that I came across on another forum recently. It's unbelievable!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-scary-7646134

Comment

Working...
                X