BCN - airside VAT refund counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCN - airside VAT refund counter

Is there a VAT refund counter airside at BCN T1?

Is there a customs office to get the stamp on the purchase receipts airside as well?

AFAIK no VAT refund airside.

For landside refund, I refer you to my post:

VAT Refund at BCN

Comment

Just went through Barcelona T1 yesterday afternoon. I was on SQ67, on transit from GRU to SIN, and managed to get my EU VAT refund with some complicated situation.

Customs stamping is landside only, at left furthest corner of the terminal building when you face security lines. Queue was about 20 people long at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon and took 20 minutes to clear. The officer wanted to see the boarding pass showing Barcelona as point of origin, it took me some hard convincing as I only had a Sao Paulo-Singapore boarding pass.

For Premier Tax forms, the refund point is downstairs at arrivals hall in the Caixa counter. Queue was about 10 people and took another 20 minutes to clear. No Global Blue forms will be processed here.

Global Blue counter is airside just after passport control on the D wing. Queue was short and took 5 minutes to clear.

If you are in transit and enter Spain, like myself, the security would not clear you with half a boarding pass from Sao Paulo as it has to be scanned. We had to look for SQ ground staff and got the boarding passes reissued showing Barcelona as point of origin.

In my opinion, the VAT refund process at this airport is unnecessarily inefficient with long queues at customs, and separate counters for different tax refund agencies located at different sides of the terminal. Allow plenty of time.

As for BCN lounge, there is shower facility but you have to use your own towel or buy a kit from them at EUR10. No free wifi either.
      Last edited by SQueeze; 30 January 2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X