CX 744 or 773?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    yes i am.... i purposely flew out of tpe at 805 because it was stated CX739 was a B74A. the rest of the flight are B777-xxx.

Why you were on 739 also?
    Nope. I was spotting from Changi Beach

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
      Nope. I was spotting from Changi Beach

did u see me?

that's the same aircraft also which took me from tpe
      visit my blog

Comment

Nope. I only caught a glimpse of you landing

Comment

I just CX-ed again today. The CX739 which was scheduled on B74A is now changed to B773. To make it worse this is the same aircraft which brought me in into HKG from TPE. If I did not asked the ground staff right after disembarkation, where will be CX739 departed from I will not know.

She told me Gate 69. I said wait isn't this gate 69, she said yes. Same aircraft.

I quickly went to transfer desk, anyway the way to transferred was packed by the UA pax. 2 B744 park there.

I scold the guy told them why they last minute change the aircraft and I told them I choose 55C because it was emergency exit row in B74A now no more. I asked him to give me emergency exit. While he was searching I was asking for complimentary upgrade.

HE said cannot, must ask at the gate.

I just wrote a complain letter to the lady who sent me an invitation to upgrade to Silver. Telling them my disappoinemt and displeasure.

What do you think they will do? Ignore it? Send standard thank you for your feedback reply?

Typing from the Cabin. Very nice view here. Ok got to walk top my Gate 69 to board my flight

Coincidentally I was also on CX407 and CX739 on 24 June. Could have met you and guest you into the F lounge at the Pier. Why didn't you transit at the transit area which is near gate 63 with full knowledge that the departing gate for 739 is at 69? I went through that transit area and it was completely empty and took me only 2 minutes. Did you purposely trek to the Cabin to experience it? It is so far away from gate 69 !

Yes I was also dissapointed about the last minute change of aircraft to the regional 773. The reason is that Y was oversold for CX739 and CX swapped to a regional 773 which can carry 29 more economy passengers. There were many Op-Ups too as J was completely full. In any case, i think scolding the transfer agent for the change of aircraft and asked for upgrade is a bit out of the line. Scolding, would probably harm your chance even if the transfer agent has such discretion (which i very much doubt so as Op-Up is under Flight Control).
          When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
            Coincidentally I was also on CX407 and CX739 on 24 June. Could have met you and guest you into the F lounge at the Pier. Why didn't you transit at the transit area which is near gate 63 with full knowledge that the departing gate for 739 is at 69? I went through that transit area and it was completely empty and took me only 2 minutes. Did you purposely trek to the Cabin to experience it? It is so far away from gate 69 !

Yes I was also dissapointed about the last minute change of aircraft to the regional 773. The reason is that Y was oversold for CX739 and CX swapped to a regional 773 which can carry 29 more economy passengers. There were many Op-Ups too as J was completely full. In any case, i think scolding the transfer agent for the change of aircraft and asked for upgrade is a bit out of the line. Scolding, would probably harm your chance even if the transfer agent has such discretion (which i very much doubt so as Op-Up is under Flight Control).
            Well, I know... I went to Giordano to buy I Love HK T-Shirt for my friend. Since I was around there, then I just sat on the Cabin.

Are you sure they over-sold the Y on CX739? It was very empty on the Economy. I asked for courtesy upgrade before boarded the flight and it was rejected. The lady told me the economy was not fold. So it can't be because of the Y was oversold. I was thinking the other way around. The flight was too empty to be a B74A, hence they decided to change it to B773. Yes, I knew the C was quite pack.

Were you flying on C? Did you get your luggage fast enough? My priority bag was out so late after the non-priority bag. There were 2 other pax who flew in C which also complaining.....

BTW, CX has not yet replied my complain email.... So today I went up again with SQ. Perhaps my last trip to TPE for now
            visit my blog

Comment

BTW, CX has not yet replied my complain email.... So today I went up again with SQ. Perhaps my last trip to TPE for now
              More than 1 week.... not even a courtesy reply from CX. Are they so bad?
              visit my blog

Comment

More than 1 week.... not even a courtesy reply from CX. Are they so bad?
                No, you just expect too much. I have a feeling that even if you got the courtesy reply, you'd still be grumbling.

Really, though, it seems your mood was set off by the fact that an op-up wasn't granted to you. Again, just a feeling, but I think you'd have forgiven the delayed luggage delivery if they had granted a request which was against their SOP (upgrade when overselling a cabin, and then in a pre-determined order based on status, past business with CX, etc.). It didn't help you were so adamant about getting an upgrade.

Next time ... Do not expect (nor ask for) an op-up on CX.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  No, you just expect too much. I have a feeling that even if you got the courtesy reply, you'd still be grumbling.

Really, though, it seems your mood was set off by the fact that an op-up wasn't granted to you. Again, just a feeling, but I think you'd have forgiven the delayed luggage delivery if they had granted a request which was against their SOP (upgrade when overselling a cabin, and then in a pre-determined order based on status, past business with CX, etc.). It didn't help you were so adamant about getting an upgrade.

Next time ... Do not expect (nor ask for) an op-up on CX.
                  well may be i am expecting too much.... of course upgrade will be good. but again the main issue is the change the aircraft last minute.

i purposely flew off from tpe at 8am (means i have to leave to airport around 6am) because they said cx739 is 74a which should be new cabin. should i know cx739 is a 773, i would not bother to fly at 8am. perhaps i will fly out at 12pm. it is all expectation management..

again depend on how you (and cx) see it. I do not like a surprise. i see this as a "downgrade" as their 773 is very old. also i chose 55c which was an emergency row in 74a but not in 773. yet they did not even bother to ask. there must be a reason why u choose the seat u choose upon online checkin.

and just recently been upgraded to silver as i told them i am considering to give them more biz, this definitely does not impress me.

u are right even if they reply with "thank you letter" (like sq), i may still grumble, but at least i know they still bother to reply and read my complain.

they should know if the customer still complains it is still good news, as the customer still give a chance
                  visit my blog

Comment

well may be i am expecting too much....
                    As I've said before, yep.
                    of course upgrade will be good. but again the main issue is the change the aircraft last minute.
                    Sure, mmm hmmm.
                    depend on how you (and cx) see it. I do not like a surprise. i see this as a "downgrade" as their 773 is very old. also i chose 55c which was an emergency row in 74a but not in 773. yet they did not even bother to ask. there must be a reason why u choose the seat u choose upon online checkin.
                    No one likes a surprise. But given the well-documented CX propensity to swap short-haul aircraft (search even on SQT, and you'll find that is the case -- and we don't even focus especially on CX), I'm surprised you banked so much emotion into the scheduled equipment.
                    and just recently been upgraded to silver as i told them i am considering to give them more biz, this definitely does not impress me.
                    That wasn't Silver status earned through travel, right? Just a promise to send more business their way? I'd be impressed if they were impressed by those credentials.
                    they should know if the customer still complains it is still good news, as the customer still give a chance
                    So, you think you sound like someone giving them a chance? They probably would've had more important things to do than to check on here, but from past discussions, I wouldn't have thought you were really serious about giving them your business anyway.

Time to move on, dude. Unless you can prove with your (or your company's) wallet that there was a realistic chance you were going to swing business CX's way.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

i purposely flew off from tpe at 8am (means i have to leave to airport around 6am) because they said cx739 is 74a which should be new cabin. should i know cx739 is a 773, i would not bother to fly at 8am. perhaps i will fly out at 12pm. it is all expectation management..
                      Well said. Starting with yours.

It's one thing to cross continents just to fly on a specific aircraft - many of us here might do that.

But you
                      a. woke up at 6am,
                      b. sacrificed half a day at your destination,
                      c. in the expectation of an exit row seat,
                      d. (or an upgrade on a flight that wasn't full - hence not an op-up),
                      e. on "slightly" better aircraft,
                      f. in Y,
                      g. for a 1 hour flight.

Not many would have those expectations, and probably for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Well said. Starting with yours.

It's one thing to cross continents just to fly on a specific aircraft - many of us here might do that.

But you
                        a. woke up at 6am,
                        b. sacrificed half a day at your destination,
                        c. in the expectation of an exit row seat,
                        d. (or an upgrade on a flight that wasn't full - hence not an op-up),
                        e. on "slightly" better aircraft,
                        f. in Y,
                        g. for a 1 hour flight.

Not many would have those expectations, and probably for good reason.
                        It is 3.5 hours flight. It may not be a great deal for you but it is for me. Again I did not expect for an upgrade. Of course if they did I will not expect it.

If airlines will swap aircraft last minute then why bother to state what aircraft they are using. It still listed as 74A even when I did online checkin.

I believe I have set my expectation i.e. to sit on 74A on economy. It was my expectation. I was not even inform that their is aircraft change when I checked in in TPE. Not even when I reached NOT. I managed to know it earlier coz I asked when I de-board the plane which gate 739 will depart from and it was at the same gate on which I arrived.

Otherwise I won't know until I about to board the plane.

May be I am expecting too much.......
                        visit my blog

Comment

To be fair to CX, in this case - you "scolded" the desk agent, then asked for an emex row and then an upgrade?

Do you really think the agent is going to be helpful in this instance? You're going to be politely told to "**** off"

Perhaps a different tact (read: a cool calm and collected approach) could have yielded the desired result, i.e you selected an emex row via online check in, so it would be reasonable to expect the same seat in the event of an aircraft swap..

As for grumbling about "priority" bags not coming out before "ordinary" bags - wow, life must be awfully tough if this thing sets you off...

Comment

i need wifi for my blackberry..... wish me luck
                            Yes WiFi is free and fast in the HK airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                              To be fair to CX, in this case - you "scolded" the desk agent, then asked for an emex row and then an upgrade?

Do you really think the agent is going to be helpful in this instance? You're going to be politely told to "**** off"

Perhaps a different tact (read: a cool calm and collected approach) could have yielded the desired result, i.e you selected an emex row via online check in, so it would be reasonable to expect the same seat in the event of an aircraft swap..
                              Well actually I started with trying to be nice. But I got "don't care" attitude. Like I said if there is an aircraft change, shouldn't they inform me upon check in in TPE and ask if I want to change seat or what. Of course I may grumble but if they do that, I can't complain too much as they have done the right thing.

I always said, yes, even the best organization cannot avoid problem or issue, but the way the handle it set the different.

For example, on my last week trip to TPE on SQ. For what ever reason, around 2 hours before landing, the AVOID giving problem. No sound and the handset cannot be used (I can't even on the light). So I asked for it to be reset. But even after reset, it still did not work. I told the FA, never mind (since it is only 1+ hour left anyway, as they will shut it down 30 min before landing). But the FA is very helpful saying "I am so sorry, is there anything that I can help? Any drink or something".
                              I told him no, as I do not need anything and told him I am find as we will land shortly anyway. And I do not really feel piss off even if he cannot make my AVOID work.

Problem is unavoidable, if the AVOID cannot work then cannot work, but he managed to salavage the situation by trying to offering me something else as complement. I feel he cares and symphetize with me.

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                              As for grumbling about "priority" bags not coming out before "ordinary" bags - wow, life must be awfully tough if this thing sets you off...
                              Actually, not me grumbling. I thought I have missed my bag as it came out too fast as I wonder around the Terminal before I head straight to bagage claim. I only found it out when a lady who was in Biz Class complaining that her bags took so long to came out. Another man, again who flew in Biz Class complain also. So then I realize that I may not miss my bag, but the "Priority" handling is not happening.

Well, I have noticed few times on SQ, Priority bags will never fail to come up first, with the Solitaire/PPS (First class) to come up first follow by KF/*A Gold (Biz Class) and the normal....

Seriously, I never think CX will screw up on this, so I thought I simply miss my bag until those 2 fellows confirm that their bags also did not come out first.
                              visit my blog

Comment

It's difficult to put into words what some posts from some people say about them, especially when they seem oblivious to whats going on around them.

Comment

Working...
                                X