• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Airlines gets new livery!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malay...8H6/1796646/L/

DLvTZrKONo0" style="display:none;">

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    DLvTZrKONo0')"> DLvTZrKONo0')"> I AGREE
    DLvTZrKONo0"> DLvTZrKONo0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
    Last edited by LukeGT; 17 October 2010, 12:34 AM.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Very sleek - I like!
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I like it, looks nice and modern.

Comment

I was very excited to hear about the new livery and then I am disappointed. I am not sure if I like this new look. Something about the double "aa" in the title that looks funny to me. Also, the whole scheme looks a bit unfinished.

Comment

But I thought it looks so much better than the previous!!!
          ________
          Vaporizer Pipe
          Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

put me down as a 'Like It'
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

hate it...looks very inferior...kinda LCC alike...or just came out from Boeing factory with unfinished painting job.

cant agree more with UMD...double "aa" in the title indeed looks weird

Comment

I see how they derived the design on the fuselage, but to me, that part looks like an inverted PR tailfin (minus the sun).
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The old PAL's tailfin when it was still without the sun back in the 80's.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Phili...eb3275d4beac1e

Comment

How long do you think until they get them all painted up in the new livery.

Comment

From my understanding:

- all 37 B734s (9M-MM* and 9M-MQ* series) won't be painted in the new livery (but they will get painted in FireFly's livery when the aircrafts are transferred to the LCC unit progressively).
                      - all 9 leased B738s (9M-ML* series) would probably won't be painted in the new livery as all 9 were delivered in 2010 almost brand new.
                      - all 35 new B738s (9M-MX* and 9M-MS* series) will be painted in the new livery.
                      - all 3 A332s and 9 A333s (9M-MK* series) won't be painted in the new livery as they might be returned to the lessors.
                      - all 15 new A333s will be arriving with the new colours.
                      - all 13 B744s (9M-MP* series) won't be painted as all will be withdrawn from the fleet by 2012 with the exception of 9M-MPQ, which has recently being refurbished to 12F and 442Y to be the dedicated aircraft to MAS Charter's operation and probably 9M-MPP to serve KUL-CPT-EZE.
                      - all 6 A380s will come in the new colour.
                      - all 17 B772s (9M-MR* series) might be painted in the new livery as MH has yet to order any aircraft for its replacement. The earliest MH intends to do this is post 2015, and it will take another 5-6 years before the replacement aircrafts are delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                        From my understanding:

- all 37 B734s (9M-MM* and 9M-MQ* series) won't be painted in the new livery (but they will get painted in FireFly's livery when the aircrafts are transferred to the LCC unit progressively).
                        Is the transfer of a few 734s to FY confirmed? I thought it was still in discussion, or have they agreed?

I'm loving this new livery, a welcome change to the current one which is getting outdated. Though IMO, wont it look too plain on an A380?

And when will MXA (love its registration) be delivered?

Comment

FY's jet operation is affirmative. They are just waiting for authorities' approval. However, it was rumoured that the first 2 B734s for FY are going to come from Indonesia and not from MH's present fleet. FY is going to do a dual hub in Kuala Lumpur (B734s to be based in KUL while the ATRs will remain in SZB).

MXA is reported to be the aircraft that will be used for the BKI-HND launch on 15 November 2010. There will be a grand welcoming ceremony waiting for it upon arrival in KUL/SZB at the end of the month (exact date is still unknown).

Comment

MXA is reported to be the aircraft that will be used for the BKI-HND launch on 15 November 2010
                            That bird had better be configured REALLY comfortably for me to think of going that distance in a 737!

Comment

Despite it being around for years I still like the current livery. I will reserve judgement on the new one until I see it myself.

From my understanding:

- all 13 B744s (9M-MP* series) won't be painted as all will be withdrawn from the fleet by 2012 with the exception of 9M-MPQ, which has recently being refurbished to 12F and 442Y to be the dedicated aircraft to MAS Charter's operation and probably 9M-MPP to serve KUL-CPT-EZE.
                              Is this right, all 744's gone within 2 years ?!. What are they being replaced with then, 6 x A380's wont do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X