VERY VERY VERY cool feature from Emirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY VERY VERY cool feature from Emirates

Just looking on Emirates.com to see if I can OLCI for my flight later today, and whilst there, I also check out the "flight status" portion.

Normally, I expect airline sites to have quite a fair bit of lag behind in terms of up-to-dateness, however, here's empirical proof that EK's trumps them all when it comes to timeliness.

Time: 10:04 local Male time 9 Sep 2010
    I see this: It says EK659 taxiing out. You'd expect this to be delayed info and that EK659's long departed when you see stuff like this.

I look out from my window at the Holiday Inn Male to check if it's true...... and there she is!, just having turned around at the runway threshold

I watch the takeoff roll, and she's wheels up shortly thereafterl. I turn back to my laptop and see this: In flight

Very impressive.

At this point, I would happily settle for ACCURATE delayed information. Like when my UA flight was cancelled the NIGHT BEFORE and DOT BOMB said it was "On Time" 15 hours later.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      At this point, I would happily settle for ACCURATE delayed information. Like when my UA flight was cancelled the NIGHT BEFORE and DOT BOMB said it was "On Time" 15 hours later.
      But actually your UA flight was on time...... for cancellation!!!
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

This beats MH for sure, a cancelled flight shows Departed (while it's still on the ground); A HKG-KUL flight that was halfway over the South China Sea shows landed. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
          But actually your UA flight was on time...... for cancellation!!!
          hahahahaha No kidding!

I keep saying, "Never again!" but it's hard for me to get around. Although now, I'm thinking, "Never again...on ANY short international route," because in their case, F is not always F. Heck, my F became whY! Which ended up being a C sold as whY.
          HUGE AL

Comment

This is utterly amazing. EK is setting standards in the commercial aviation world. Maybe there is a system onboard the flight deck that relays back information in real time to flight dispatchers and to the online servers?

Whatever it is, it looks magical! Thanks for sharing SQflyergirl
            Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Can I just add (and I say this after 4 quick glasses of VeuvE) - that another great feature of Emirates is the business lounge in Melbourne (And presumably elsewhere) that has Veuve and Moet in the fridge! Also - breakfast was marvellous and got table service for all drink topups! awaiting my short 3 hour flight to AKL but so impressed thus far
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

We can access all this type of information from Amadeus, from Amadeus based carriers (QF/BA/AF/LH etc)

DOQF500
                * OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * QF 500 0 WE 01DEC
                CITY INFO HOUR LOCAL)
                SYD LEFT THE GATE 0604
                TOOK OFF 0619
                ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0632 BNE
                BNE AIRCRAFT LANDED 0628
                ARRIVED 0631

* 1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO * QF 500 0 WE 01DEC ASM
                APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
                SYD 0605 WE JDIYBHKMLVS/B 763 1:30
                NQOXE/B
                BNE 0635 WE 1:30

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  We can access all this type of information from Amadeus, from Amadeus based carriers (QF/BA/AF/LH etc)

Yeah, great. So what, if you don't have access to a CRS!

This thread was about how OP was able to see live time link to an actual event via EK's website!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                    Yeah, great. So what, if you don't have access to a CRS!

This thread was about how OP was able to see live time link to an actual event via EK's website!

My point was this information is populated straight from the carriers systems these days, which is great.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      I watch the takeoff roll, and she's wheels up shortly thereafterl.
                      Did the website show "Taking Off" when the 777 was commencing its takeoff roll?
                      Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
                        Did the website show "Taking Off" when the 777 was commencing its takeoff roll?
                        Don't know I was watching it take off

Comment

Working...
                        X