Should I overnight in lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I overnight in lounge?

Usually I book transit hotel for overnight transit, I always curious sleeping in Lounge.

Do I have to tell the staff that I will be stay overnight? so they will provide me with pillow/blanket?

I know from the trip report that T2 SKL have sleeping room?

My connection will be in F, can I use TPR for dinner then go in again for Breakfast?

Maybe sleeping in couch is not as comfy sleeping in proper bed, but is the experience worth it?

Thanks

I've done it a number of times. I love it.

T3 doesn't have any slumberettes. However, there are couches in the back of the C section and they'll turn off the lights so it'll suffice. OTOH, the non-TPR F section doesn't have any couches of the sort. Can't speak about the TPR...yet.
    When you enter, they'll usually ask you if you want a wake up "call". They'll usually provide you with a blanket and the big pillow as well.

And yes...the experience is worth it. You'll feel like you have the entire place to yourself. I'm pretty sure if you park the Heidsieck next to your chair, no one will really mind (not saying that I recommend that...usually vice versa for me ).

Comment

is the food/snack still there overnight? or just drinks?

Comment

I'm curious about this as well.. flying in and out the next morning with about 7 hours to wait at T3 between 1am and 8am.. Wondering if I should just get a room at the transit hotel or spend the night in the lounge.. I'm in F, so is the TPR open? wonder if there is anyone there at night for drinks/food, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by tfung View Post
          I'm curious about this as well.. flying in and out the next morning with about 7 hours to wait at T3 between 1am and 8am.. Wondering if I should just get a room at the transit hotel or spend the night in the lounge.. I'm in F, so is the TPR open? wonder if there is anyone there at night for drinks/food, etc?
          TPR is now open a little later than before due to the Houston flight switching over from T2 but it does close for a few hours when that leaves. The SKL F is open straight through.

I would go into town myself, and I would not spend 7 hours in any lounge in any airport.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            TPR is now open a little later than before due to the Houston flight switching over from T2 but it does close for a few hours when that leaves. The SKL F is open straight through.

I would go into town myself, and I would not spend 7 hours in any lounge in any airport.
            They do close down the back part of the lounge for a few hours. They put up signs and someone actually unscrews the lightbulb just a little to turn it off (why they do that instead of a switch is beyond me).

Fortunately for me, I was sitting in the area and they just let me dwell in there. The lounge was dark, I had my big F pillow and blanket that they provided to me, had a bottle of water, and my DVDs. I was set!

Comment

They unscrewed a lightbulb in TPR to dim the light? Or is this in SKL F T3? Very odd...

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                They do close down the back part of the lounge for a few hours. They put up signs and someone actually unscrews the lightbulb just a little to turn it off (why they do that instead of a switch is beyond me).
                They close part of the lounge during quiet periods in the day time as well now, and still do it in the Raffles side at T2.

Comment

Fortunately for me, I was sitting in the area and they just let me dwell in there. The lounge was dark, I had my big F pillow and blanket that they provided to me, had a bottle of water, and my DVDs. I was set!
                  Was there actually anywhere to lie down flat (besides on the floor)? I can't remember seeing any large enough sofas to stretch out..

Comment

Originally posted by tfung View Post
                    Was there actually anywhere to lie down flat (besides on the floor)? I can't remember seeing any large enough sofas to stretch out..
                    No nothing of the sort. I thought that was a major oversight. The chairs themselves aren't all that comfortable either.

And no...I didn't have the guts to lay out on the floor. They'd probably kick me out and I'd find myself in the koi pond.

Now I think of it, there is the bench in the buffet area. Not sure how they'd react to that either.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    They close part of the lounge during quiet periods in the day time as well now, and still do it in the Raffles side at T2.
                    Yup. They vacuumed the area. Nice part is that they were quiet and didn't bother.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    They unscrewed a lightbulb in TPR to dim the light? Or is this in SKL F T3? Very odd...
                    This was in the T3 SKL F. I thought I was delusional, but it really happened. The guy did a quarter turn to turn the light off. I forgot to check and see if there is a switch. Not sure what to say if there aren't switches.

Comment

This is so funny!!! Haha.... comical to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                      X