Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight sleeping in SIN F Lounge T2/T3 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight sleeping in SIN F Lounge T2/T3 ??

Hi guys,

Following my brilliant experience on SQ F last month, I've succumbed and booked another! Quick question though, if I may...

I'm flying SQ J BKK-SIN arriving at T2 (presumably) at 2155 before flying SQ F down to Sydney at 0930 the following morning. I know there are showers available, but are there private sleeping areas available in either the T2 or T3 F lounges?

I did check out the Crowne Plaza, but looks like it won't be open in time

Many thanks guys!

There are slumberette rooms in the T2 SKL F lounge each with a couch inside (unless they've been removed ?). The doors are glass and you can't lock them so there's no privacy.

There isn't anything equivalent in the SKL F in T3. Your best option in T3 is probably the following in the SKL J:

Transport is so efficient and fast in SIN that unless cost is an issue, I would book a hotel in town and get a taxi to/from that. Much more pleasant! You'll probably be at your hotel by around 22:30 (SIN is that efficient!) and only need to take a taxi from your hotel at around 8'ish.

Comment

I forgot to mention that SIN has airside the transit hotel:

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/

Comment

And finally , if (as I think) you've never been into town in SIN before, why not check in to your hotel and then go out for something to eat ? There are plenty of inexpensive and good places which will still be open around 11pm (and later), e.g. you can sit in a hawker centre somewhere and have a dozen satay and/or walk around to see what catches your fancy.

Comment

On my recent visit at T2 SKL F at end of March, they still have this in their slumberete room.

I think it's ok for lounging or napping, but not so comfortable for sleeping

Comment

jhm, many thanks for your replies! I have actually been to SIN last month for a couple of nights and stayed at the IC which was very nice indeed. It just seems such a waste to pay for a nice hotel + taxis when all I'm really getting from it is a few hours sleep.

I think I might grab dinner upon arrival in the F lounge, then take in T3 properly, walk around the shops and have a quick overnight in the Transit hotel before breakfast in the F lounge!!

What time does the legendary Lindt place close?

Comment

MCS?, thanks for the reminder - I assume the next instalment of your TR is up on FT ? The last time, I read up until your arrival in SIN (from where I thought you went straight on to BKK but obviously not!).

The transit hotel is very popular so you should try to make a booking as early as possible.

Comment

No, I'm afraid its still up to that point.... had a CRAZY few weeks at work... will try my best to get it up this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
                  jhm, many thanks for your replies! I have actually been to SIN last month for a couple of nights and stayed at the IC which was very nice indeed. It just seems such a waste to pay for a nice hotel + taxis when all I'm really getting from it is a few hours sleep.

I think I might grab dinner upon arrival in the F lounge, then take in T3 properly, walk around the shops and have a quick overnight in the Transit hotel before breakfast in the F lounge!!

What time does the legendary Lindt place close?
                  To add - I had about a ten hour layover at SIN recently (the SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR A380s didn't match up well at the time!) and having sampled the SKL F T2 and T3 lounges a few days before, I chose to go into the city instead. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, and they layed on a CIP/VIP transfer. Bloody expensive way to get a kip but I didn't regret it.

The CIP transfer was an experience in itself. They picked me up on a buggy at the gate and took me all the way around T3, T2 and T1 to the CIP immigration, where they took care of the paperwork as I read the paper with a cup of tea in the calm of sofa in a rather pleasant adjacent lounge. They will also pick up your baggage at the carousel for you if you have any (I didn't). They then whisk you off in your car to the hotel via a special airport exit.

All very nice, but I am sure it would have been faster through the normal T3 immigration, and just meet the driver there rather than be buggied through the entire airport! But if you want to impress someone, this is the way to do it.

H

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
                    Hi guys,

Following my brilliant experience on SQ F last month, I've succumbed and booked another! Quick question though, if I may...

I'm flying SQ J BKK-SIN arriving at T2 (presumably) at 2155 before flying SQ F down to Sydney at 0930 the following morning. I know there are showers available, but are there private sleeping areas available in either the T2 or T3 F lounges?

I did check out the Crowne Plaza, but looks like it won't be open in time

Many thanks guys!
                    Get into town and go for some Pineapple rice...

At that time of night you can be in your Hotel room not much more than 30 mins after disembarking, and last time I was on that flight we landed about 15 mins early.

Comment

More than enough time for some nice Changi nasi lemak There's a famous place called International Nasi Lemak at Changi village and is only a short taxi or bus ride away from the airport.
                      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                        More than enough time for some nice Changi nasi lemak There's a famous place called International Nasi Lemak at Changi village and is only a short taxi or bus ride away from the airport.
                        That's open till late at night too...!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
                          To add - I had about a ten hour layover at SIN recently (the SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR A380s didn't match up well at the time!) and having sampled the SKL F T2 and T3 lounges a few days before, I chose to go into the city instead. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, and they layed on a CIP/VIP transfer. Bloody expensive way to get a kip but I didn't regret it.

The CIP transfer was an experience in itself. They picked me up on a buggy at the gate and took me all the way around T3, T2 and T1 to the CIP immigration, where they took care of the paperwork as I read the paper with a cup of tea in the calm of sofa in a rather pleasant adjacent lounge. They will also pick up your baggage at the carousel for you if you have any (I didn't). They then whisk you off in your car to the hotel via a special airport exit.

All very nice, but I am sure it would have been faster through the normal T3 immigration, and just meet the driver there rather than be buggied through the entire airport! But if you want to impress someone, this is the way to do it.

H
                          I am curious how much does it cost for this unforgetable experience!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Get into town and go for some Pineapple rice...

At that time of night you can be in your Hotel room not much more than 30 mins after disembarking, and last time I was on that flight we landed about 15 mins early.
                            God that Pineapple rice was good..... ummm..... making me hungry!!

Comment

In the T2 First Class slumberette room, I take the pad off the recliner and put it on the floor and sleep. Sometimes there is static from the speakers in the ceiling that can disrupt your sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X