No announcement yet.

Inconsiderate Passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also agree - passengers behind who use my seat purely as a means to get out of theirs by pulling it back. Fair enough if they physically need to because of age or infirmity, but not if they are just inconsiderate.

People who refuse to control their unruly children. At least make an effort.

I think it comes down to an awareness that there are a lot of people in a confined space. The vast majority of people are aware of this and try to ensure their actions don't annoy others - its just those few people who are so selfish that they clearly don't care about the comfort of others.

In experience can happen everywhere - every airline and every class of travel.

On the flip side, I feel often disproportionately happy when I see a passenger do an act of kindness for another.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      Why don't you try tickling their feet?
      I like tickling something else, but then that person who's being tickled might post here and complain about my tickling instead

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Why don't you try tickling their feet?
        We can take their shoes while we're at it!

Comment

But don't you think bare feet is gross-er? That's what I experienced..

Comment

Hello, I know my post is quite annoying, but I would like to ask you to avoid OT

Thank you for your comprehension!
            Luke
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              Eating durians prior to flight and burping/farting throughout. Passenger was from the South Asia.
              post deleted
              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                Hello, I know my post is quite annoying, but I would like to ask you to avoid OT
                Whoops. Sorry about that, mate.
                Last edited by s7r0ng3r; 4 March 2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post

Thank you for your comprehension!
                  Luke
                  Thousand apologies!

Comment

i was in business class on a flight from SIN to SFO. On the SIN to HKK leg everything went well, but form HKK to SFO this eurasian couple got on board with 3 screaming children in tow. Good for them that they could afford 5 business class tickets, but the 3 children were complete brats. They ran around the whole cabin and screamed for a good duration of the flight.

Being a timid, unconfrontational singaporean I asked the flight attendant if she could do anything about it. She said she'd talk to them, but then never did.

On the plus side, one of the kids tripped and fell and started crying. Sure, it was noisy, but I took some satisfaction in knowing it wasn't the happy sort of screaming. Why can't they stow kids in the overhead compartments like they used to?

Comment

depends on your taste in music I guess, but I did once have an Indian lady sitting next to me on a MEL-SIN Emirates flight singing along with the Bee Gees on the IFE at the top of her voice

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                        I did once have an Indian lady sitting next to me on a MEL-SIN Emirates flight singing along with the Bee Gees on the IFE at the top of her voice
                        Wow! Its karaoke night!

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                          depends on your taste in music I guess, but I did once have an Indian lady sitting next to me on a MEL-SIN Emirates flight singing along with the Bee Gees on the IFE at the top of her voice
                          Was she at any point singing 'Stayin' Alive'

Comment

Originally posted by snaffled
                            I also agree - passengers behind who use my seat purely as a means to get out of theirs by pulling it back. Fair enough if they physically need to because of age or infirmity, but not if they are just inconsiderate.
                            Likewise. Or passengers who on boarding decide pushing back on the seatbacks as they pass by is the easiest way to make it down the aisle of the plane.

...I think it comes down to an awareness that there are a lot of people in a confined space. The vast majority of people are aware of this and try to ensure their actions don't annoy others - its just those few people who are so selfish that they clearly don't care about the comfort of others.

In experience can happen everywhere - every airline and every class of travel.

On the flip side, I feel often disproportionately happy when I see a passenger do an act of kindness for another.
                            +1 on all counts. As someone who's flying at least one RT pretty much every week, it's AMAZING (and not in a good way) to see some of the behaviours exhibited.
                            Originally posted by mad max View Post
                            ...On the plus side, one of the kids tripped and fell and started crying. Sure, it was noisy, but I took some satisfaction in knowing it wasn't the happy sort of screaming...
                            I really hope I've misinterpreted your comment and you weren't actually "satisfied" to see the child hurt. Rather than just assuming it's the child, sometimes (although not always!) it's the parents.

Comment

Here an example of rude pax...... taken off Stomp...

According to STOMPer Wendy, two Hong Kong business women were gossiping loudly about company matters on board the plane and even dared to complain that the music coming from her headset was far too loud.

Wendy was so angry that she stood up to tell the two women off. Both women were shocked, but continued yakking away 15 minutes later.

Then, when the flight landed, Wendy told the two inconsiderate passengers off again. This time, the other passengers on board supported Wendy, and told the two women off as well.

In an email to STOMP, she recounts her experience: .......

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...t.jsp?id=61487
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

someone who reclines his/her seat in full the moment he/she gets to his/her seat - regardless of safety announcements at take off/landing. Also, those who recline while meal service is in full swing (they lean far forward to eat their meal while I have to stoop my head to put my food in my mouth)

Comment

Working...
                                X