Inconsiderate Passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate Passengers

Inspired by a comment a fellow SQTalker made on another thread, what behaviour by other passengers annoys you?

I ask because I can't think of a single incident that has irritated me in my travels on board SQ...

Crying babies OK but that can't be helped. Smokers in the past. That's it.

A better class of traveller perhaps

Eating durians prior to flight and burping/farting throughout. Passenger was from the South Asia.

Comment

I had a lady sitting next to me on HKG-SFO once who boarded the plane clearly inebriated (or at least under the influence of something). She spent most of the rest of the flight vomiting into the airsickness bag, and later all over her seat.

I found it rather inconsiderate!

Comment

This passenger on my recent trip back to SE Asia ate before everyone. During his meal time and I wasn't eating yet he pitched down his seat, fine so be it I don't care. So it was my turn to eat his seat was still down so I asked the stewardess if she could ask the gentleman to pitch up his seat so I can eat and he did. I just started to butter my bun he suddenly pitches down the seat and the food nearly spilled on me. I am sure he knew I was still eating. 2nd time the food did spill on me !@#!$!$

Other than that I am not too bothered by anything else.

Comment

To me, some passengers on an Air Asia flight kept pressing the call bell EVERY MINUTE for no reason at all. The 'Ding-dong' sound can't let me sleep. Felt like throwing them off the plane

Comment

Having a pax who have strong BO sitting next to you.... wearing socks that have not be washed for days and removing shoes..... now, that is really inconsiderate...
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Prior to boarding and during the flight, having groups of passengers who make a lot of noise, speak loudly, etc. (has happened to me many times to/from Korea, with various airlines).

Passengers in Economy class (small aircrafts, e.g. A321) who literally push in order to bypass business class passengers and exit the aircraft first upon arrival (happened to me in my last QR flight).

Having a passenger sitting next to you in Economy class and immediately upon taking his/her seat, laying both hands/elbows fully on the armrest, therefore absolutely no space or chance for you to even be able to lay an inch of your elbow on the armrest. Very impolite.
              Last edited by N_Architect; 1 March 2009, 01:07 AM.

Comment

People who can't/won't control their children (kicking the back of the seat etc. ). Especially when the children force you to say something against their behaviour and the parents totally can't understand why you can't tolerate their behaviour for six houers straight
                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

I haven't had any serious problems with passengers on SQ flights ever, but I had one bad vibe on an AC flight that happened 7 yrs ago. It was back in the day when they had the 747-400 Combis with the 3-4-3 config. I was seated by the right wing in the middle of the 3 seats, and my preference is always window. There was a guy and a girl who were travelling together, and one got the window seat, and one got the aisle seat on my side. I asked if either wanted to switch seats, but they both declined, so I just left it at that. But the journey wasn't very pleasant because they were talking almost throught the 7hr flight from FRA-YYZ, which did not help my sleep since i was in the middle of them. I couldn't move to another seat either because we were on a full load on that flight. I guess I can't fault them if they preferered those seats, but I found the whole experience to be annoying.

Comment

Passengers behind my seat who like to squeeze their feed in the space between my seat and the seat next to me, most of the time resulting in their toes giving my elbow a rude shock.

Keep your feet down please.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                      Having a passenger sitting next to you in Economy class and immediately upon taking his/her seat, laying both hands/elbows fully on the armrest, therefore absolutely no space or chance for you to even be able to lay an inch of your elbow on the armrest. Very impolite.

Yes I really hate that. There was this time I did my OLCI ver late and had to settle for a middle seat. the pax on my left and right put both their arms on the armrest...suggest that there be an official policy on use of arm rest.

Comment

What I absolutely hate, ........

Passengers behind my Y seat in trying to get up, pull on my back rest, causing me to have this falling backwards feeling. This is especially annoying when I have finally dozed off.......
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

deleted
                          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                            Passengers behind my seat who like to squeeze their feet in the space between my seat and the seat next to me, most of the time resulting in their toes giving my elbow a rude shock.
                            Oh man, I friggen hate that! Happened to me on board a flight LAX-ICT, but back than I was 6.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                              Passengers behind my seat who like to squeeze their feed in the space between my seat and the seat next to me, most of the time resulting in their toes giving my elbow a rude shock.

Keep your feet down please.
                              Why don't you try tickling their feet?

Comment

Working...
                              X