TPR Access for Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPR Access for Proposal

Hi, next month I'm travelling through Singapore flying J with SQ and TK with my girlfriend. I plan to propose marriage in Singapore airport (for several reasons I won't go in to here).

It would be a lovely touch if the rules could be broken and we could have a few minutes in the TPR for the proposal and a glass of champagne there.

Are there any thoughts on if this might be possible and how to try to make it happen?

Many thanks in advance.

TPR is reserved for F pax. When I was Kirsflyer Solitaire and flying J, I could access the F lounge but not the TPR.

If you have a good status with SQ, I would suggest that you call (email may be better) in to make a request. It would help if you're flying from SIN on SQ (not arriving on SQ). For the moment, I can't think of an alternate location within the airport where you can do your proposal unless you don't mind the flying public potentially joining in.

All the very best to getting access to TPR and also to your marriage proposal, and most importantly your married life together in the coming years.

Comment

Asking SQ to break rules... You've set yourself quite a challenge there!

All I can offer is strongly agreeing with CarbonMan's suggestion about which flight is SQ and which is TK. If your itinerary is SQ from SYD-SIN (I'm assuming SYD from your name), then flying out of SIN on TK, then on the return, flying TK into SIN and SQ back to SYD, then your best chance is on the return leg. Lounge access is always based on the departing flight and airline. Good luck with your mission! The worst that can happen is that they reply with a polite no, or perhaps offer some kind of alternative offer.

Comment

Might be a good publicity for them, but it might end up being a double edged sword as it will set a precedent. But good luck giving a shot and congrats!

Comment

SQ flies to IST and you fly TK but you want SQ to help you while not giving business to them? Interesting approach.

You can reach out to JetQuay - they offer you an exclusive setting plus they will drive you in buggies. Better than SQ and you don’t need to ask for any exceptional treatment.

Comment

They'll respond with a polite "no."

I'm positive the viewpoint from SQ is simple: if you want the F perks, then please do buy an F ticket. Fairly straightforward logic.

Comment

Presuming you're flying SYD-SIN-IST return, have you considered upgrading on the way back to Sydney (SIN-SYD) from Business to First? That way it's an unexpected surprise for your partner and gives you access to TPR.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. HKG-SIN-SYD in First then Suites was my last experience of TPR. But this time JetQuay looks like a good idea.

There was no harm in asking and thanks for the congratulations. I'm sure she'll say yes. She's ben hinting long enough!

Comment

Kinda curious how it turned out...

Comment

She said yes.

Comment

Congratulations sydunipete

Comment

Working...
                      X