Transfering at SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering at SIN

Hello everyone. Thinking about going to Hong Kong via Singapore, but not sure about the connection at Changi Airport. The flight to Singapore (SQ351) arrives at 6.30am and the flight to Hong Kong (SQ890) departs at 7.30am, do you think it is too tight?

Also, if I book the flights seperately (as in two bookings) will I still be able to check my bags through to Hong Kong?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Hello everyone. Thinking about going to Hong Kong via Singapore, but not sure about the connection at Changi Airport. The flight to Singapore (SQ351) arrives at 6.30am and the flight to Hong Kong (SQ890) departs at 7.30am, do you think it is too tight?

Also, if I book the flights seperately (as in two bookings) will I still be able to check my bags through to Hong Kong?
    You should be able to through check to HKG.

If it is two separate booking, you could look at later flights. Just for the mornings you have 860 and 856

Enjoy Changi

Comment

Hi SQavgeek! I would strongly recommend buying this itinerary on a single ticket, because the connection time is so tight that even a small delay on SQ351 will mess up your plans.

If this was a single ticket, it would be SQ's responsibility to accomodate you on the next flight should you miss your connection.

If you were on 2 separate tickets, then the airline is not obliged to help you rebook or accommodate you on a later flight (They might, but contractually they are not bound to). If I were to book on 2 separate tickets, I would allow for a more transit time. And since this is Changi, you will not be bored even if you spend several hours in transit!

Enjoy your trip!
      Last edited by yflyer; 19 October 2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys! SQ860 sounds like a better choice then.

Comment

Yes as some fellow members have pointed out that having your flights in one booking as in one PNR would ensure that you be faciliated by SIA if you should miss your flight. From SIN to HKG if you like to fly on the brand new A380, then SQ856 would be the flight to take.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            Yes as some fellow members have pointed out that having your flights in one booking as in one PNR would ensure that you be faciliated by SIA if you should miss your flight. From SIN to HKG if you like to fly on the brand new A380, then SQ856 would be the flight to take.
            Ok, I see. What flight back to Singapore has the new A380?

Comment

Ok, I see. What flight back to Singapore has the new A380?
              SQ 861 departing HKG at 3.45pm would be the new A380.

Comment

Working...
              X