Help me fly the 345! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me fly the 345! :D

I need to fly on the Airbus 345. I've been on all the A340 series except the 345 and I want to fly it before airlines get rid of them. Being based in Vienna, what is the cheapest method to fly that bird?

- I'd preferrably like to collect miles on BD. If not, it can't be helped
    - It should be as cheap as possible
    - I do not care where I go ^^

I have two trips coming up where I could catch the 345 some places else than Europe:

FEB 09: New York (a week)
    APR 09: Taipei (5 days), Singapore (1 day), Los Angeles (10 days)

So, what would you suggest?
    Home is where your heart is.

It's certainly cheap but no miles - you could try this.

Comment

TG has been flying their A345 between SIN-BKK recently even today. I have no idea how long they'll keep flying; maybe they don't either

Perhaps SIN-CGK would be your best choice
      Last edited by 9V-JKL; 11 December 2008, 10:02 PM.

Comment

For *A you probably have 2 choices only, SQ or TG.

SQ destinations(All J class): CGK, EWR and LAX

TG:LAX, BKK(kinda unpredictable which flights as it is random and the LAX destination may disappear soon too)

Hence the cheapest destination and guranteed to be a 345 will be as 9V-JKL mentioned: CGK.

Unless you are game enough for a EWR-SIN return trip for your one week in NYC or a LAX-SIN during your time in LA.

Outside of *A you will have the choice of Emirates which flies the 345 on the DXB-JFK route.
        Last edited by zander; 12 December 2008, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I believe CGK is off the all J class 345 for the moment.

Comment

Thinking a bit more, ZRH is not that far from you and EK fly their A345 on ZRH-DXB. If you like a bit longer, TAM fly bet FRA&GRU and GRU is certainly worth a visit

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
              Are you thinking what I am thinking?

This could well be the start of the CGK Satay DO that you kept teasing us with!

Comment

A shame you didn't take AKL-MEL on EK when you were here. Very cheap fares although schedule requires an overnight in MEL (dep AKL evening arr MEL evening, dep MEL morning arr AKL mid afternoon).

Comment

I think TAM is using the A345 on different routes to Europe ATM

Word on A-Net has it that it'll fly to South Africa soon but I wouldn't give anything for that...

Also Air Arik just got itself some A345s off Kingfisher but I don't know when they'll start using them!
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

If I were Flo, I would take A345 on SQ to complete all the experience aboard SQ airplanes out there.

Comment

Hey! You got the same 'dream' with me, Flo, to ride the A345

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      Yeah that's true, possibly because of low loads????
                      Few months ago I decided to book all J class A345 CGK-SINv.v via redemption for December but cant find any flight operated by A345 and I also don't know whether it is business saver/standard. Maybe It's not my luck..

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        If I were Flo, I would take A345 on SQ to complete all the experience aboard SQ airplanes out there.
                        Believe me, I would love that ... but as it is only available in Business Class, it's way too expensive for me to afford such a flight. Plus: I am afraid that after 19h aboard, my enthusiasm about flying might vanish

Thanks everybody for helping & sharing. I am looking into flying EK from ZRH to DXB or from MEL to AKL if I manage to sqeeze in MEL into my travel plans...
                        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                        X