• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
    I'm a definitive! All booked up!
    Excellent! OP edited.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      phaleesy and I will arrive in New York on Saturday 23 August (arriving 13:50 on AZ604 MXP-JFK)
      Reading the latest AZ news (e.g. the EUR 300m loan earlier this week which is possibly illegal; shares suspended yesterday etc), the above assumes of course that AZ will still be around in August!

(If not, BA have - for the moment at least - good award availability for that bank holiday weekend; and I have a spare GUF2 so we should definitely be in New York then but perhaps not on AZ.)
      Last edited by jhm; 5 June 2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

(If not, BA have - for the moment at least - good award availability for that bank holiday weekend; and I have a spare GUF2 so we should definitely be in New York then but perhaps not on AZ.)
        Just in case, I've booked a 241 award for phaleesy and I:

BA117 - Sat 23 Aug
        LHR 8:55
        JFK 11:20

BA176 - Mon 25 Aug
        JFK 19:30
        LHR 7:40+1

Comment

Wow you are well prepared eh? I am sure AZ would still be around. Don't you think phaleesy would rather be served by the Italian studs for a variety in her mileage run?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            I am sure AZ would still be around.
            I hope so - phaleesy and I still have some SQ flights to take.

Don't you think phaleesy would rather be served by the Italian studs for a variety in her mileage run?
            And me pampered on AZ J by Italian signorinas...

Comment

I hope so - phaleesy and I still have some SQ flights to take.
              Well, that's what I was trying to imply! Better get done early on AZ, thus easier to deal with those SQ changes. Hmm are you getting the A380 from LHR-SIN?

And you can use your BA award to visit YVR instead. Worth more since longer flight times.
              And me pampered on AZ J by Italian signorinas...
              I pray for phaleesy: all signore works in J.

Comment

Hmm are you getting the A380 from LHR-SIN?
                Actually, I'm taking another airline FRA-HKG (MPM not enough to reach LHR) but then SQ to CMB!

phaleesy on the other hand is looking forward to fine food, wines and charm CDG-DXB and then if the excitement is too much , will recover on SQ back home.

And you can use your BA award to visit YVR instead. Worth more since longer flight times.
                Surely non-English speaking Canadian crew would be best ?

Comment

Ooops,,, just realized that not all SQTalkers prefer to fly SQ now days. FRA-HKG must be the op-up giving airlines. And fine foods and wine (I thought phaleesy would not have any wine. ) should be the AF one.

Comment

FRA-HKG must be the op-up giving airlines.
                    Only for VVIP like jjpb3, StarG and UMD - nothing for green cardholders like me.

And fine foods and wine (I thought phaleesy would not have any wine. ) should be the AF one.
                    You're right - no wines for phaleesy (or only look, taste but don't swallow!) after a little incident at the Westin Stamford SIN many years ago.

Ooops,,, just realized that not all SQTalkers prefer to fly SQ now days.
                    I think certain people have changed their mind after trying the 77W to CDG but too late - AF it is!

Comment

Only for VVIP like jjpb3, StarG and UMD - nothing for green cardholders like me.
                      I thought you will flash to the traitor air's agent your special BA Gold + by invitation only.

I think certain people have changed their mind after trying the 77W to CDG but too late - AF it is!
                      Frenchmen should be hot for her...

Comment

Frenchmen should be hot for her...
                        French men are the bestest! I love their sexy accent!

Comment

Any suggestions on what to do/eat on Saturday evening and/or Sunday ?

As far as food goes, I was thinking of steak (having read the review in ths morning's Metro of Maze Grill in London so perhaps Peter Luger or for better service, something like Wolfgang's which I tried before), Mexican (Rosa Mexicano as recommended by jjpb3 a while ago but fully booked when I last tried) and/or Sunday brunch (like this menu at Eleven Madison Park which I went to last time) but ... to be honest, I'm happy to eat/do whatever others prefer/recommend.
                          Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          I also wanted to provide y'all an update. There's a newer Mexican fusion restaurant that I went to on my last visit and that I highly recommend for its cocktails and the execution of its dishes: Crema.
                          With 5 weeks to go, just a gentle bump.

Comment

i have never been to NY so I'm okay with everything. Wanted to try the Maze after watching 'Hell's Kitchen' anyway but then again, being realistic, I'll have to look into my wallet then. It's at the end of my RTW but if the dollar stays this low ... even a student like me can experience l'haute cuisine in NY
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I suggest you check out the Gotham Grill and see if it's way better than what they serve now on SQ

Exclusively created by "Alfred Portale of Gotham Bar & Grill, New York"

It would be even funnier if, after your meal, you declared your meal on the plane tasted better and refused to tip...

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                                French men are the bestest! I love their sexy accent!
                                You'll find all the boys here starting to talk like zis soon on le SQTalk.

Comment

Working...
                                X