SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Singapore & Changi Airport

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2018, 11:35 PM   #1
SQ22
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2013
Posts: 320
Default Trump & Kim To Meet In Singapore

So, the greatly-anticipated sumnit between Trump and Kim will take place in Singapore on 12 June. Let's see if we can catch Air Force One and Air Koryo at Changi.
SQ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2018, 11:44 PM   #2
ycp81
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
ycp81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-Apr-2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Flying Blue, Enrich
Posts: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ22 View Post
So, the greatly-anticipated sumnit between Trump and Kim will take place in Singapore on 12 June. Let's see if we can catch Air Force One and Air Koryo at Changi.
Highly possible that they will land at Paya Lebar Airbase instead.
ycp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 06:44 AM   #3
SQ22
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2013
Posts: 320
Default

I just remembered that the Supreme Leader has his private jet, emblazoned with the official name of his country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-44054024
SQ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 09:41 PM   #4
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycp81 View Post
Highly possible that they will land at Paya Lebar Airbase instead.
Yes confirmed the 2 Air Force 1 will land at PLAB. Just like it always have been during when Obama came here
For Kim as he is either on Air Koryo or a private jet which will very likely sure to land at Changi.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 10:29 AM   #5
reddevil0728
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Yes confirmed the 2 Air Force 1 will land at PLAB. Just like it always have been during when Obama came here
For Kim as he is either on Air Koryo or a private jet which will very likely sure to land at Changi.
From a political pov, I think both planes will land at the same airport, in this case PLAB, even if it is a private jet carrying Kim.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 04:21 PM   #6
9V-SPL
SQTalk PPS Club
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
From a political pov, I think both planes will land at the same airport, in this case PLAB, even if it is a private jet carrying Kim.
The Straits Times article (Premium): Leaders' planes may land at Paya Lebar, say security experts
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...curity-experts

Also, China's President Xi Jinping may also travel to Singapore when Trump meets Kim: Report
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...-summit-report

We might see Air China B747-400 too
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 10:41 AM   #7
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,243
Default

so far there seems to be only USAF planes and US aircrafts carrying US VIPs landing at PLAB.
Other foreign dignitries all land at Changi at the VIP terminal.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 10:43 AM   #8
reddevil0728
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
so far there seems to be only USAF planes and US aircrafts carrying US VIPs landing at PLAB.
Other foreign dignitries all land at Changi at the VIP terminal.
The very reason they decided to host it in Singapore is to avoid any appearance of favouring one side over the other other.

Politically speaking, I donít think Kim will fancy having to land at a commercial airport when trump is landing at a military airport.

A lot of political consideration in the politics. Itís all about optics.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 12:43 PM   #9
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,243
Default

We shall see when the time comes. There will be US support aircrafts like at least 2 C-17s which will bring Trump's specially customised and protected limo which its called "the beast" and other vehicle and army special forces protection team. Unlike Kim which would be in his private plane or a chartered Air Koryo whith no other aircrafts.
Similiarly for security reasons, do not think US would want to be in the same airport with Kim's.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 12:45 PM   #10
reddevil0728
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
We shall see when the time comes. There will be US support aircrafts like at least 2 C-17s which will bring Trump's specially customised and protected limo which its called "the beast" and other vehicle and army special forces protection team. Unlike Kim which would be in his private plane or a chartered Air Koryo whith no other aircrafts.
Similiarly for security reasons, do not think US would want to be in the same airport with Kim's.
I guess, we shall see whether politics vs practicality lol
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 05:11 PM   #11
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,618
Default

Just read this on the ST. Note the dimensions of the IL-62's cabin at the top. They say Koreans are small, but I can't imagine that they are this small!

CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net