When are flight tickets cheapest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are flight tickets cheapest?

Hello, planning a trip to Singapore from Copenhagen on 26th June. The flight tickets at the moment are pretty expensive but making a dummy booking right now (SQ351/SQ352) it seems like there are over 60 seats left in economy. I checked in the beginning of March and there were only 5 more seats at that time. Since they haven't sold too many seats last month is it likely that prices will go down anytime soon? Mainly looking at SQ351/SQ352. Appreciate any help.
    Last edited by SQavgeek; 2 April 2019, 04:20 AM.
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

I recently booked SQ51 > SQ245 one way in Y 8 weeks in advance. Cost under £400.

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
      Hello, planning a trip to Singapore from Copenhagen on 26th June. The flight tickets at the moment are pretty expensive but making a dummy booking right now (SQ351/SQ352) it seems like there are over 60 seats left in economy. I checked in the beginning of March and there were only 5 more seats at that time. Since they haven't sold too many seats last month is it likely that prices will go down anytime soon? Mainly looking at SQ351/SQ352. Appreciate any help.
      I don't think prices are likely to go down for late June, only up. It's a busy time with people beginning holidays in the northern hemisphere as well as some of us from the south escaping winter and visiting CPH for the long beautiful dusk skies. I'd be careful of waiting for a last minute sale. Is that date around the time that university or school students begin holidays?

Comment

when is the return date?

right now, SQ is only selling flexi ticket (E class, which is the 3rd highest class for Economy, 3 seats left in E class) for 26/6.... so the price will be going up. how do you know that there are still 60 plus seats? based on seat map? that wont be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
          when is the return date?

right now, SQ is only selling flexi ticket (E class, which is the 3rd highest class for Economy, 3 seats left in E class) for 26/6.... so the price will be going up. how do you know that there are still 60 plus seats? based on seat map? that wont be accurate.
          Return date is more flexible, though what I've been looking at is 1st of August. Might be able to push the departure date forward by one day so 25th. Yeah, I looked at the seat map.
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

The entire month of Jun is Singapore school holidays. I would expect flights to be rather packed and expensive.

Comment

SQ know when they can make money and set their prices accordingly. June is one of those times. I just paid 9 months in advance for my end of year holidays (Australia is Xmas through January for summer break) and although the price was fairly expensive (double that of low season), I know the only way it will go is up.

Comment

Working...
              X