Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD Status Miles and Destination Miles - Confused??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD Status Miles and Destination Miles - Confused??

Question for BD experts.

Just did a CRWSTAR and all the flights are now showing up and its where the status and destination miles are confusing me.

I have to date 55+K of destination miles but status miles shows only 6,000 and Silver status; am I missing something here? All of the destination miles are from flying. For what its worth, have done it from a standing start.

Also noted, the SQ C flights are all showing as Y mileage which seems to be a recurring theme for many here, guess I have to fix that.

From a standing start:

3K status miles to Blue Plus
    Reset to 0 and new membership year begins with Blue Plus status
    16K status miles to Silver
    Reset to 0 and new membership year begins with Silver status
    6K miles showing at this point probably means you've had 3+16+6=25K status miles credited in total for your trip.

Comment

Your COS bonuses seem to have gone AWOL from your status miles. I'd PM diamond club over at TOF to request that she look into this.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Just looked again and status miles have now gone up to 19+K so I guess they're all coming in bit by bit.

In any case, will pm diamond club for the SQ sectors

Comment

I was thinking of crediting my flights to BD. But after this not sure. Just to be clear: BMI resets to zero after each successful tier qualification? Does this make it harder to hit gold? Which system is better? Having points accumulate, hitting new tiers along the way as opposed to resetting? What happens if you say, you fly C and you get say 9000 miles, would BMI take whatever is necessary for the next tier qualification and discard the rest of the balance so that they reset to zero?
          Have Passport Will Travel!

Comment

Originally posted by emperorsr View Post
            Does this make it harder to hit gold? Which system is better? Having points accumulate, hitting new tiers along the way as opposed to resetting? What happens if you say, you fly C and you get say 9000 miles, would BMI take whatever is necessary for the next tier qualification and discard the rest of the balance so that they reset to zero?
            The re-setting makes it harder to reach Gold, but the low threshold does make it easier to retain Gold.

Excess miles are credited towards the next tier, at least IME.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Also noted, the SQ C flights are all showing as Y mileage which seems to be a recurring theme for many here, guess I have to fix that.
              They know all about this at DC. It started last summer and they still haven't fixed it. BD say it's SQ's fault.

Comment

All Fixed. Thank You folks to helping

Ok. another question. Now that I've made BD*G, I've got 6+K on status miles along with *G. So that means 32K miles to retain it until the expiry right? wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  All Fixed. Thank You folks to helping

Ok. another question. Now that I've made BD*G from a standing start, I've got 6+K on status miles along with *G. So that means 32K miles to retain it until the expiry right? wrong?
                  yup....only 38k total to requal.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    They know all about this at DC. It started last summer and they still haven't fixed it. BD say it's SQ's fault.
                    Still happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X