747-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747-8

On Tues, 1 May, " German flag carrier Lufthansa readied its first Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to fly to Frankfurt after a delivery ceremony in Everett. "

Perhaps I should have stayed on in Seattle to celebrate this joyous occasion
    At least there's a wise partner within the star alliance , although not usually the trailblazer they are on the right track. Glad LH is loyal & stands by the Queen , & Beauty , of the skies .
    Will resume flying with them , it's about time I start on those mileage runs that many talk about
    Pity LH won't be flying their initial 747-8s to SIN , perhaps in 2013 ??

Looks like we will love this refreshed Queen even more !
    What with a new wing and new engines that make it more fuel efficient and quieter; plus new 787-style interior that imbue a sense of comfort - space and light for passengers. This latter part can even be further improved on , depending on the airlines ' good taste or more importantly, attitude towards the preferences of passengers

What did the SQ senior management/ BoD miss yet again??

Originally posted by HuskyFlyer View Post
    Perhaps I should have stayed on in Seattle to celebrate this joyous occasion
    At least there's a wise partner within the star alliance , although not usually the trailblazer they are on the right track. Glad LH is loyal & stands by the Queen , & Beauty , of the skies .
    I subscribed to the LH FB page just so I could get updates on the 747-8!

Considered taking the flight to IAD briefly
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Just a thought , SQ retirerd 747 , this means they will never have another B 747 especially this great 747- 8 ? or ..... this boeing damn hot, love the new wings design

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
        Considered taking the flight to IAD briefly
        You should

Comment

Nice article and pics here.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Thanks CarbonMan ! Amazing !

Comment

LH 747-8 photos

Thanks for sharing .. Very nice!

Are you always at launches??
              Last edited by HuskyFlyer; 4 May 2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Looks like the 757-300 and 767-400 all over again - a bodge with little relevance in the market. The new 777 is where the action will be.
                Last edited by mr_botak; 6 May 2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  You should
                  Heh, I'm gonna need to see if there's time for it in between a wagyu sirloin over the South China Sea and a 7 vegetable couscous over the Sahara
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                    Just a thought , SQ retirerd 747 , this means they will never have another B 747 especially this great 747- 8 ? or ..... this boeing damn hot, love the new wings design
                    I happen to think the same. Technology never stop just like 737, A320. After so many years, new series continue to improve on the old one.

Comment

Because their new J seat is such a game-changer / class-leader...?

----
                      Lufthansa targets low demand economy-class markets with 747-8I

By: MAX KINGSLEY-JONES FRANKFURT
                      4 May 2012

Lufthansa will use its new Boeing 747-8Is to tackle long-haul markets where demand is weak for economy class seats. This is because the stretched jumbo slots into the German carrier's fleet beneath the Airbus A380, offering around 160 fewer economy seats but a comparable level of premium capacity.

The airline will put its newly delivered 747-8I into service on 1 June between Frankfurt and Washington Dulles, replacing a 747-400 on the route. Other 747-400 routes due to be upgraded to the 362-seater this year are Frankfurt to Chicago and Los Angeles in the USA and New Delhi and Bangalore in India.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...747-8i-371455/

Comment

Working...
                      X