Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything interesting to do in Transit for 5 hours in BKK Su-va-na-POOM??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    Thanks for the info, yes, I will get the BP printed at Changi check in....

For my return, I will be waiting at land side, there is no flight to catch, waiting for a friend to arrive to spend a few days partying in BKK....
    Done..... Arrived as planned, got out of the airport, friend sick, so I took the Airport Link to Makkasan Station and from there took a taxi to Rama 3.... spent the whole afternoon in a massage place, traditional okay.... Had dinner, then friend dropped me off at Makassan where I took the 9.00 pm express (90 baht) to the airport, a 15 minutes ride.

Had BP printed at Singapore airport, so just walk straight through at Royal Silk class check in and to security and immigration, no one asked me about airport tax......
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Haha, as expected!

I have no idea what there is to do at Rama 3 apart from visiting a shop/gallery of a certain BKK litle-red-dot enthusiast.

Comment

In Rama 3, u have SV City, where Riverfront Residence (hotel) is.... my good friend lends me an apartment in the condo project whenever I am in Bangkok.... in this project there is Lotus Tara, a nice place for massage, then there is a food court at the basement.... but we did not go there this time, somewhere nearby though.... then also near by is our fave coyote club, Mai Toh, but too bad, not today... The is aslo a micro brewery nearby, think is Tawadee.... Central Rama 3 is a short hop away, so is Lotus.

Comment

Again, all evening flights to Bangkok are fully booked, TA confirmed me on TG 404, so I will be in BKK at about 1345, next flight out will be 0030....... I will upgrade to F... so, 10.5 hours in F lounge including 1 hour in the spa, will I be bored to death or should I do like the last time and get into town....... good thing is, as I read from somewhere, the TG F lounge have a smoking room inside.

Comment

Again, all evening flights to Bangkok are fully booked, TA confirmed me on TG 404, so I will be in BKK at about 1345, next flight out will be 0030....... I will upgrade to F... so, 10.5 hours in F lounge including 1 hour in the spa, will I be bored to death or should I do like the last time and get into town....... good thing is, as I read from somewhere, the TG F lounge have a smoking room inside.
            There is not a lounge or airport on the planet that is worth spending 10 hours in, let alone in a city as fabulous as Bangkok, if you don't have to. I wouldn't even consider spending half that time there if I didn't have to.

You could be in town by 14:30 if the flight is on time. I would get a resonably priced room down town and enjoy the city.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              There is not a lounge or airport on the planet that is worth spending 10 hours in
              Never a truer word spoken. The best lounge in the world is the one in my house. It doesn't have the same toys and bells and whistles as the FCT or TG F or any TPR or what have you, but it belongs to me

I also hear this a lot : "I wish the flight was longer" and I don't understand it.

If i'm on a 12 hour long haul , I allocate 12 hours out of my calendar for flying and psyche myself up to relax and enjoy it for precisely that, because that's how long it takes to get to where I want to go, but regardless of Class of Service, I NEVER want it to take 13 hours. Less is good, more is no good because as comfortable as you are, you're still essentially a prisoner in a metal tube. Do it often enough and you'll know what I mean.

Comment

Let me explain.......

Three weeks ago I faced the same situation, arrived BKK aftnoon and next flight at 0030 hours, so I went into town.....

Last weekend, I arrived back into BKK from EU and spent three wonderful days inthe city....

In less then 1 week, I will be faced with the long wait again.... and after having spent the two previous weekend in Bangkok, I just felt I want to relax and not go into the cityand join the hustle and bustle..... had enough last weekend...

Comment

Let me explain.......

Three weeks ago I faced the same situation, arrived BKK aftnoon and next flight at 0030 hours, so I went into town.....

Last weekend, I arrived back into BKK from EU and spent three wonderful days inthe city....

In less then 1 week, I will be faced with the long wait again.... and after having spent the two previous weekend in Bangkok, I just felt I want to relax and not go into the cityand join the hustle and bustle..... had enough last weekend...
                  I understand what you're saying.

Bt it's still a choice whether to spend TEN HOURS in an airport, or not. Even if it wasn't Bangkok, I'd still go into town. Granted I spend so much time in airports I try to keep it to a minimum, but I'd go into town if it was half that.

The TG F lounge at BKK, including the Spa, are lovely places to spend a bit of time. But anything over 90 minutes and I just get bored. The same applies to any lounge for me.

Comment

And not forgetting, there is a big match on early Sat evening......

Comment

Things changed, TG 410 opened up and so I am cfm on that, but then if I am on that, I will miss the big match..... trying to get myself onto 414 (they may have to kick someone out of Y and all J is full and so protect myself on Y), so I will be in Su-va-nar-poom at 1715 and into the F lounge, watch the match, have some dinner have a massage.... and enough time for shower and onto the plane.... at just past midnight... that will do to kill 7 hours....

Comment

Working...
                      X