BKK Transit Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKK Transit Security

Can anyone share their experience of transit security at BKK?

If I purchased cosmetics at SIN and have them placed in the tamper-proof bag, will it be confiscated when I pass though BKK for my connecting international flight?

Thanks!

Originally posted by eriond View Post
    Can anyone share their experience of transit security at BKK?

If I purchased cosmetics at SIN and have them placed in the tamper-proof bag, will it be confiscated when I pass though BKK for my connecting international flight?

Thanks!
    No, for the many times I have passed through BKK customs, never was I stop once.
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Should be fine unless it's a gel/liquid over 100mL, but not all destinations have these restrictions.

Comment

Speaking of transit security, if I have my onward BP (12 hour connection) can I clear security head into the lounge after arrival then head back downstairs to immigration?

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I forgot to mention that it is a gel/liquid above 100ml. Does this mean that BKK transit security will not recognise Changi's tamper-proof bag and disallow me from bringing it through?

Comment

Whats your destination after BKK?

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
              Whats your destination after BKK?
              TG910 LHR

Comment

Will be OK if it is in the tamperproof bag.

Thailand

Thailand has introduced restrictions in line with the EU liquids policy.

Duty-free goods containing liquids can be carried:

•if your final destination is Bangkok

•if you are transferring through Bangkok to any Australian airport, but you may only purchase duty-free liquids on the flight to any Australian airport or at the arrivals duty-free shops

•if you are transferring directly through Bangkok to any other domestic and international destination (with the exception of the USA), but they must be placed in Secure Tamper-Evident Bags (STEBs). This includes items bought prior to arrival at Bangkok or during the flight

•if they are purchased at the Bangkok duty-free shops; these will be packed in STEBs for you.

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X