Impressive Passenger Traffic Growth at Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive Passenger Traffic Growth at Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport

Can someone please explain what is fuelling the phenomenal growth in passenger traffic at Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta airport. Budget airlines? An average of 11.9% growth is extremely commendable. This is even higher than Dubai's or Baiyun's. Amazing! These figures are only for Jan to Nov 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's...ate_statistics

Originally posted by Caravelle View Post
    Can someone please explain what is fuelling the phenomenal growth in passenger traffic at Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta airport. Budget airlines? An average of 11.9% growth is extremely commendable. This is even higher than Dubai's or Baiyun's. Amazing! These figures are only for Jan to Nov 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's...ate_statistics
    I mostly certain that this is due to the budget airline providers and travellers. It should be more realistically shown the true numbers if the census were seperated as per each individual terminal.
    AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Comment

I think the other thing to remember is that there is still a significant amount of Jakarta's population that cannot afford to travel. Should the standard of living increase, I think CGK could easily hit 40 million passengers and within reach of the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by mraquinas View Post
        I mostly certain that this is due to the budget airline providers and travellers
        Well, isn't that the Lion Air slogan: We Make People Fly?

I think it's awesome that more people get to experience air travel all over the world these days.
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I think Soekarno Hatta already have a separate terminal ( Terminal 3 ) for budget airlines. Most of the International flights departs from Terminal 2 and even there traffic is indeed increasing steadily but I also feel JKT airport has grown more efficient over the years.

Comment

Working...
          X