SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    its likely that SWK went ahead of SWL into some heavy maintenance and at the same time its time for a repaint and hence was painted in Star Alliance as its simpler than repainting in SQ colors, and easier to repaint it as a "white tail" when the plane is able to be leased out/retired. SWI, SWJ and SWM are already in Star Alliance colors.
    SWK is not in star alliance livery right ?

Comment

• yes SWK is not in Star livery - my mistake as was replying to SQ228

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        SWK is not in star alliance livery right ?
        You are correct, it is not. Another 'contributor' to the forum is of the view that it should be, because it would follow SWI & SWJ in alphabetical sequence- the other two 77Ws that are in Star Alliance livery and have been since initial delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          yes SWK is not in Star livery - my mistake as was replying to SQ228
          I also confused SWL with SWM. We've all been talking at cross purposes in response to a nonsensical interjection which is just wasting everyone's time.

To those joining the discussion and now completely confused, a summary of facts:

Since arrival to the fleet a decade ago, SWI and SWJ have been painted in the white Star Alliance livery.

Very recently, SWM was repainted from its original standard SQ livery into the white Star Alliance livery as well.

These three remain the only such 77W aircraft in the SQ fleet and there is absolutely no credible information anywhere to suggest others will also take on the scheme at this point in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Since arrival to the fleet a decade ago, SWI and SWJ have been painted in the white Star Alliance livery.
            9V-SWI was repainted to the Star Alliance livery in December 2011.
            9V-SWJ was repainted to the Star Alliance livery in June 2012.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Further to 772ER changes, along with the BNE flight which shifts to an A350 in a week from now, PER's remaining 772ER flight pair goes A350 from around beginning of June.

Basically this leaves only IST from its original rostered duties plus whatever odd jobs they find from them from now on. I really think they need to be making a definite effort not to assign SVM or SVN to the IST flights. It's a passable product if the 10+ hour flight gets the upgraded IFE and 2006 ex-77W Y seats. The other two planes are not acceptable for that length of flight, especially since there's no way of knowing when you choose to book, as to which you will get.
              Agreed. The Old Ys not acceptable for flight of IST length anymore. TK is actually the better airline in this regard

Comment

• Just thought noting here that ZK-OKI ex 9V-SVL is en-route now to Victorville from Auckland, having been WFU by Air New Zealand.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ANZ6018

Comment

• 9V-SRP gone case or under maintainance? Being MIA almost one month

Comment

9V-SRP gone case or under maintainance? Being MIA almost one month
                    According to MainlyMiles May 2019 fleet update:
                    777-200 9V-SRP has already stopped flying for disposal.
                    https://mainlymiles.com/2019/05/06/s...leet-may-2019/
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      According to MainlyMiles May 2019 fleet update:

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/05/06/s...leet-may-2019/
                      not so sure if mainlymiles got it correct. he has been wrong too many times.
                      i dont recall any 772 regionals due to leave the fleet.

in any case they'd might as well retire SVM/SVN first as was originally the plan since the ERs have higher operating costs.

Comment

• Same here, i dont quite believe MainlyMiles. Its sources are too irregular. I wonder who is that person..???

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                          not so sure if mainlymiles got it correct. he has been wrong too many times.
                          i dont recall any 772 regionals due to leave the fleet.

in any case they'd might as well retire SVM/SVN first as was originally the plan since the ERs have higher operating costs.
                          Agreed, there was one regional to leave and did so a while back. SVM & SVN should have already gone based on discusssiins we've had in this thread regarding their fleet plan announcements.

Speaking of which, it shouldn't be too long now before we get a fresh new announcement

Comment

Agreed, there was one regional to leave and did so a while back. SVM & SVN should have already gone based on discusssiins we've had in this thread regarding their fleet plan announcements.

Speaking of which, it shouldn't be too long now before we get a fresh new announcement
                            16/May is the date.

Comment

16/May is the date.
                              Excellent!

Comment

• 9V-SVB in the air as SQ8871 (SIN - JHB). Getting ready to leave the fleet perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X