Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
    Sure.

Are you an international student in Australia? Which state are you based in?

I'm not sure if the Australia government would let you in at the moment if you are on a student visa. There is talk of letting international students come in, but nothing is sure as yet.

I've been in quarantine for three days so far and I'm still coping.
    I'm in Singapore at the moment, supposed to be studying in Sydney, NSW. Hope i can go back before 2nd semester starts in third week of August. I am also hoping that the Australian government gets a progress on that international student exemption.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
      I'm in Singapore at the moment, supposed to be studying in Sydney, NSW. Hope i can go back before 2nd semester starts in third week of August. I am also hoping that the Australian government gets a progress on that international student exemption.
      I see. I am quarantined in Sydney at the moment.

Even if they let international students come in, the students will be subject to a 14 day mandatory quarantine in a hotel though. This is unavoidable.

Comment

• For those waiting on refunds, I promised I'd give an update.

Today, I received the full refund of points (which were extended to 30 June 2021) and taxes (refunded to credit card).
        Flights were cancelled on 20 March and refunded on 29 May.
        Total time taken = 10 weeks.

I hope this information helps other people who are waiting.

Comment

• I am still waiting for my SQ refund (almost 8 wks now). Surprisingly, Scoot processed the refunds quicker for cancellations made on the same date as I received the refunds after 6 wks.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• SIA has changed two Sydney flights SQ231/222 (A380v2) and SQ221/232 (A380v3) to 3-class A350s during July 2020.

Seems a waste of time to change those if they were going to cancel them anyway (July schedule still TBA), so perhaps we will see increased frequencies to and from Sydney in July?

Currently the airline is operating pax flights only on SQ211/232 (B77W) on this route three times per week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
              SIA has changed two Sydney flights SQ231/222 (A380v2) and SQ221/232 (A380v3) to 3-class A350s during July 2020.

Seems a waste of time to change those if they were going to cancel them anyway (July schedule still TBA), so perhaps we will see increased frequencies to and from Sydney in July?

Currently the airline is operating pax flights only on SQ211/232 (B77W) on this route three times per week.
              I believe Australia and Singapore are currently in discussions to restart essential and student travel, so that could be the reason. However, there have been no official confirmations or timelines as of yet.

Comment

• Will the SIN-MEL-WLG SQ247/SQ248 service ever resume or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQA350 View Post
                  Will the SIN-MEL-WLG SQ247/SQ248 service ever resume or not?
                  I think it’s safe to say that nobody has a definite answer to that question right now. Australian citizens are still officially banned from leaving our own country and nobody can predict how long this will last. It’s also very unclear what the market will look like for AU-NZ flights once things restart, as it’s too hard to predict yet what passenger demand will look like or how many players may still be left in the market with VA in serious trouble. This could be good for SQ or bad depending on supply and demand. MEL won’t need that extra fifth flight to/from SIN in any hurry, but then that depends on whether the other four flights restart or not. SIN-WLG direct traffic alone definitely can’t restart it- it needs single sector supplementation to be viable. That’s a whole lot of variables!

Comment

• Does anyone know if there are flights other than what SIA officially announced on schedule, are those passenger flights?

I just noticed there is a SQ930 (SIN-SUB) on 10 June 2020, but this was not previously announced.

If they are passenger flights, how does one get a booking on it or find out if there are future such flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
                      Does anyone know if there are flights other than what SIA officially announced on schedule, are those passenger flights?

I just noticed there is a SQ930 (SIN-SUB) on 10 June 2020, but this was not previously announced.

If they are passenger flights, how does one get a booking on it or find out if there are future such flights.
                      SQ930|10JUN (SIN-SUB) is a 1 weekly cargo flight operated by Boeing 777-300 aircraft every Wednesday and is not available for booking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                        SQ930|10JUN (SIN-SUB) is a 1 weekly cargo flight operated by Boeing 777-300 aircraft every Wednesday and is not available for booking.
                        Thanks. How do you access information like the above?

I only found out yesterday when Changi arrivals info listed this flight under freight arrivals than pax arrivals.

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
                          Thanks. How do you access information like the above?

I only found out yesterday when Changi arrivals info listed this flight under freight arrivals than pax arrivals.
                          You can access these details on SIA Cargo website.

Comment

• SIA began operating SQ246 Sydney (SYD) to Singapore (SIN) via Toowoomba (WTB) cargo flight every Friday. This flight is operated by A359(Medium Haul) and continues till 10JUL20, adding a new destination served by SIA.

Comment

• Does anyone know why SQ38 was diverted to HND? This was for ex-SIN on June 19th, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                                SIA began operating SQ246 Sydney (SYD) to Singapore (SIN) via Toowoomba (WTB) cargo flight every Friday. This flight is operated by A359(Medium Haul) and continues till 10JUL20, adding a new destination served by SIA.
                                Wow, WTB. That's one very tiny airport for SQ to be serving!

I think the usual traffic there is largely limited to Embraers, so quite a significant development. I'm struggling to think of what they could be transporting- trucking cargo up from BNE to WTB is quite an effort and the local region is largely mining/agriculture. I'll ask family in the town if they've heard anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X