SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
    Any idea whether any of the 773 (SYF/SYL) or 772 (SQL/SRO) is going for a refit to 2006Y from hand-me down of SWI/SWT?
    I'm not convinced that we'll see any further refits of old 777s. It was never much of a program when it was happening and we haven't seen one done for ages. Comparing the number that were done and the number of original 77Ws, I don't think there's been an issue with having to wait for cabin contents.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I'm not convinced that we'll see any further refits of old 777s. It was never much of a program when it was happening and we haven't seen one done for ages. Comparing the number that were done and the number of original 77Ws, I don't think there's been an issue with having to wait for cabin contents.
      I'm not convinced either. It was somewhere in this thread that I read that refits were only done when the 777s were undergoing heavy maintenance and that there wasn't any specific aircraft that were supposed to get them.

By the way, with 17 A330s in the fleet remaining (excluding STO) and 16 772/77E/773s remaining (excluding SRP), which fleet do you guys think will leave first?

Comment

• The A330s, unless they find a way to deal with the F demand that the 773s meet.
        an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          Notorious for what?

We'll have a better idea in a week when they make the briefing.
          I thought SRO is the one that having very small PTV? No?
          visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I thought SRO is the one that having very small PTV? No?
            I think all the very small screens disappeared along with the purple/blue cabins.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              I was on SRO last week and there was nothing notorious about it. On shorter flights I find these "classic" 777s to be rather comfortable.
              I was on SRO recently. It is WAY better than the A333

Comment

• It seems as though BOTH SRO & SRP are leaving? Not just SRP. They’ve both stopped flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
                  As for SRQ, she will be registered as HS-XBG. Time line still not certain.
                  SRQ and SRO have stopped flying for 4 days and 9 days now respectively. Hopefully at least one of them are on the way out.

Comment

• We definitely know that some 772 regional routes are being taken over by the newly arriving A350s at the moment so there should be capacity to lose a couple.

Comment

• Seems quite drastic for them to remove 3 aircraft at one go...have they done that before? Normally it’s staggered.
                      Goodbye my favourite SRx 772s 😢
                      SRQ is my most flown in aircraft.

Comment

• If they're going to NokScoot, it might be more cost effective to Scoot-ify all planes in one go.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Planespotters stated that SRP and SRQ will be transferred to nokscoot shortly...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                            SRQ and SRO have stopped flying for 4 days and 9 days now respectively. Hopefully at least one of them are on the way out.
                            SRO is back on service

Comment

• All the 5 777-300 will still be in service at least until end March.

Comment

• As of 31 March 2019, 7 x777-200 n 5 x 777-200ER in fleet
                                SQ said they reinstated 1x777-200 due to grounding issues n 7 x777-200 will be out by March 2020, left only 1. So Guess one of them is suppose to out in April was put back in service.

Comment

Working...
                                X