No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting watch; originally aired on CNA on August 2, 2020.

Airlines are facing an unparalleled challenge in aviation history - keeping their planes grounded, which is almost as complicated as keeping them in the air. What do airlines have to do to protect their planes as they go into suspended animation ? We profile 3 regional airlines - SIA, PAL, AirAsia - as they undertake the unprecedented feat of keeping their fleet viable even as almost all travel is curtailed.
    https://www.mewatch.sg/en/series/grounded/ep1/972164
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• I’m actually interested in Jetstar. They have been pretty quiet, operating only scattered flights using 2 aircraft. I worry JSA makes for a candidate at risk of dissolution as this drags on...ageing aircraft, small market. It’s like “archiving” the entire airline until things return to full normal...which seems a bit pointless from a business point of view (51% private equity 49% Qantas).
      Any one has any insight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        I’m actually interested in Jetstar. They have been pretty quiet, operating only scattered flights using 2 aircraft. I worry JSA makes for a candidate at risk of dissolution as this drags on...ageing aircraft, small market. It’s like “archiving” the entire airline until things return to full normal...which seems a bit pointless from a business point of view (51% private equity 49% Qantas).
        Any one has any insight?
        They did mention that they will be removing 5 A320-200s from their fleet and cutting their Singapore workforce in a bid to save costs.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines will be operating numerous ad-hoc charter flights for World Food Programme (WFP) to support the global Covid-19 response.

Flight Schedule:
          22AUG20
          SQ245/246 (SIN-BNE) operated by B77W
          SQ825/832/835/836 (SIN-PVG) operated by B77W
          SQ916/921 (SIN-MNL) operated by B77W
          SQ998/997 (SIN-RGN) operated by B77W

23AUG20 – 26AUG20
          SQ832/835 (SIN-PVG) operated by B77W
          SQ998/997 (SIN-RGN) operated by B77W

27AUG20 – 28AUG20
          Last edited by Not You; 23 August 2020, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• SQ seems to be restricting flight redemptions for the 1st half of next year to only selected flights (half or less of planned schedule). For flights which could not be redeemed, only full fares were sold. Guess SQ is expecting to cancel half or more of its original schedule and wanted to minimise administrative work?
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Apologies if this has already been posted but it looks like SQ are planning to restart SIN-FRA-JFK from the beginning of November. Three times a week initially. Not sure what the aircraft will be but you'd think it will be an 359.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Apologies if this has already been posted but it looks like SQ are planning to restart SIN-FRA-JFK from the beginning of November. Three times a week initially. Not sure what the aircraft will be but you'd think it will be an 359.

Saw this on Airlineroute this morning: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-nov-2020/

And apparently SQ is looking at restarting SIN-EWR non-stop from March next year.

Comment

• Further updates from Airlineroute:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-28aug20/

While freight is still doing well pax bookings are, understandably, still woeful.

Comment

• Hi, any idea if SQ will or intends to resume its SIN-MAN-IAH service?

Comment

• I have this flight booked for my daughter on 19th December. SQ messaged last week that it has been re-timed from departing at 18:40 to 18:50.
                      So looks like it has not been cancelled yet. We have already cancelled the flight to the US in August, so waiting for this flight to be cancelled in order to get back the mikes without any penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by mongoose View Post
                        Hi, any idea if SQ will or intends to resume its SIN-MAN-IAH service?
                        Unfortunately there is nothing imminent and it will probably need a relaxation of entry restrictions. They believe the demand is there but until the restrictions start to be lifted its unlikely to start. But as with everything at the moment, things can change quickly. Hopefully they'll start to be positive changes....

Comment

• Seemingly mixed news on the latest inventory filed:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...om-april-2021/

Comment

• SIA still operates a number of flights and as of now, can se that there are at least 14 SIA aircrafts which are mostly A359s and a few 787s in the air now plus 3 SQ 744 cargo planes.

Comment

• Flying Business class during Covid19 from Bloomberg news .

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/travel/new...?ocid=msedgdhp

Comment

• Note however that Emirates and Qatar airlines have said they will have very minimal inflight service disruptions and have hot meals and champagne in business class.

Comment

Working...
                                X