Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boing View Post
    I believe Airbus started the ball rolling with the A380-800. Remember reading somewhere that it was to attract the Chinese market with their fondness with the number 8. It continued with the A350 and B787.
    I thought Boeing started missing numbers out with the 757 & 767 as you never get a 757-100 or 767-100.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
      After the 747-400, the next one was 747-8.
      There was going to be a 747-500 and 747-600 and possibly a 747-700.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010111...e.960902c.html

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
        The ICAO code is actually A35K.
        Thanks, 9V-SML! -- corrected!

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          There was going to be a 747-500 and 747-600 and possibly a 747-700.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010111...e.960902c.html
          Now a 747-700 would have raised an interesting code assignment problem! A 747 is a 747 is a 747...

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            I thought Boeing started missing numbers out with the 757 & 767 as you never get a 757-100 or 767-100.
            Boeing did offer the -100 on the 757, 767 and 777 but was dropped due to poor interest.
            Getting back on topic, my pet peeves are as follows,
            . Changi being pronounced as Cher-ngee or Cheng-eye. It's Chung-gee. I could understand if it's the odd traveller but I have seen shows exclusively about Changi airport or SIA, with the narrator mispronouncing Changi as such.
            . SQ cabin crews making PA announcements onboard with a fake Western accent. Truth be told, I have only encountered it a few times but sometimes it seemed like they were trying too hard and it comes across as a caricature. I feel Singapore's accent could be widely understood by the international crowd sans Singlish, of course.

Comment

To be honest, my biggest annoyance often comes from fellow passengers.

Comment

- When seated along the aisle in a narrow body plane and a fellow passenger carrying a full haversack on one shoulder walks past me and his bag knocks into me. Said passenger carries on walking either intentionally or unintentionally not noticing what he just did.

- Seated on the first row of J and fellow J and Y pax use that space to cross over to the other side of the aisle whilst boarding.

- Cabin crew with fake accents.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                  - Seated on the first row of J and fellow J and Y pax use that space to cross over to the other side of the aisle whilst boarding.
                  Happens in Y too...I also get very irritated when pax use the bulkhead as a passageway to get from one aisle to the other. Some of them don't even say "Excuse Me"...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    Happens in Y too...I also get very irritated when pax use the bulkhead as a passageway to get from one aisle to the other. Some of them don't even say "Excuse Me"...
                    Haha...so I am not alone here.

I had an entire family walk past me sometime ago and the father actually asked me to tuck my legs in so that his kid can drag his roller bag across.

That's why I like the 300ER. No possibility of that in J.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                      I had an entire family walk past me sometime ago and the father actually asked me to tuck my legs in so that his kid can drag his roller bag across.
                      Something similar happened to me too, family of 5 waited for me to take my headset from the front pocket at the bulkhead then proceeded to casually cross in front of me while busy chatting away.

As yflyer said, not even an 'excuse me' or even an acknowledgement that they were crossing across someone's seat.

Comment

Working...
                      X