Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
    Interesting that F and G have not flown for a while too. The 359 must have given the 77W fleet quite some slack.
    Certainly did. MAN/IAH flights freed up approximately two 77Ws, combined with DME operations, it's over three. All those flights were using the 77Ws with the older product as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      It will be interesting to see if at some point they begin to work on the 77WN set before finishing with the original 77Ws.

If their aim is for all 27 craft to have an identical configuration, then there are about 5 rows of Y seating in each 77WN that could be transferred, which would be enough to fill at least one of the originals, otherwise they'll end up with well over 200 spares.

The 77WNs also contain an extra row of F, totalling 24 2013 F seats, some of which have only seen a couple of years' service, although relocating Row 2 units into Row 1 might not work. I guess spare components wouldn't go astray once they begin to get worn across the fleet.
      Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
      Maybe an old 772 will live to see the 2013 seats inside it? Heh.
      I think those 2013 seats will probably end it up in one of the last 77W's to be refurbished.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        The 77WNs also contain an extra row of F, totalling 24 2013 F seats, some of which have only seen a couple of years' service, although relocating Row 2 units into Row 1 might not work. I guess spare components wouldn't go astray once they begin to get worn across the fleet.
        SQ228 I just had a thought!! SQ has 6 77WNs, and 6 773s. Calll me optimistic but maybe one day we will see them port all 8 seats to the 773s! And give the 77WN new Fs as part of the refurbishment to 4 seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
          SQ228 I just had a thought!! SQ has 6 77WNs, and 6 773s. Calll me optimistic but maybe one day we will see them port all 8 seats to the 773s! And give the 77WN new Fs as part of the refurbishment to 4 seats.
          I would rather see the 773s to be phased out. Even though I haven't had the pleasure to fly with them for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
            I would rather see the 773s to be phased out. Even though I haven't had the pleasure to fly with them for a while.
            Hmm well we know that at least 2/6 have been given the 2006 Y and IFE so they are likely to stay around... At least until maybe the 787-10s arrive to take over?

Comment

I would rather to see B772s to go rather than B773s. The B772s are older also they are fuel thirsty planes. Moreover, B773s carry more passengers than B772s so they can accommodate the needs for high demand routes such as SYD-SIN, HKG-SIN etc.

Comment

Agreed. Had the chance to fly both 77W and 773 in the 2006 F seats on the PEK-SIN route a while ago. Flew the 77W on the outbound leg but at the last minute the aircraft was swapped to 773 for the return leg. Although the basic seat is the same the older Krisworld with the worse resolution and fewer selections is a real letdown.

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                I would rather to see B772s to go rather than B773s. The B772s are older also they are fuel thirsty planes. Moreover, B773s carry more passengers than B772s so they can accommodate the needs for high demand routes such as SYD-SIN, HKG-SIN etc.
                It's good that SQ has already begun to retrofit these planes with updated IFE. But I think it isn't a worthwhile endeavour since they probably will be replaced by the 787-10s in a few years. Yes you could deploy the 773s to SYD but I'd feel sorry for the J pax (regional J config). And since there are currently a few freed up 77Ws with all the incoming A350s, why not retire the 773 and replace them with 77Ws until the 787-10 arrives? Wouldn't that be more cost effective?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                  I agree. Im still puzzled that they rather hold on to the 772s and invest into them instead of extending the A330 lease until they recieve either A350 in regional config or some of the 787s.
                  I guess the originally intention was to push those planes to Scoot, which obviously didn't work well. And now they are stucked with them.

Arent there some 772 still in storage somewhere?

Comment

I agree. Im still puzzled that they rather hold on to the 772s and invest into them instead of extending the A330 lease until they recieve either A350 in regional config or some of the 787s.
                    I guess the originally intention was to push those planes to Scoot, which obviously didn't work well. And now they are stucked with them.

Arent there some 772 still in storage somewhere?
                    Yeah, SVA and SVD are parked. SVA went back to ASP after a recent return to SIN for a month or so. Obviously nobody wants a 16yo 772.

It's curious that they chose SVB to fit out with ex-77W 2006 Y. You could theorise that they plan to keep the oldest and offload the youngest first as that's the best chance they have of getting anything for one of them, but the former lessors of SVK and SVO have now had them parked at VCV for over 18 months, so doesn't seem to be much chance of finding buyers for any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                      SWG in over 4 weeks and SWF hasn't flown in a week.
                      SWG is out on an air test at the moment.

Comment

• Has it been refitted to 77WR?

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                          Has it been refitted to 77WR?
                          Doesn't look like it. It's still in the 8F 42J 228Y config.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                            Doesn't look like it. It's still in the 8F 42J 228Y config.
                            So maintenance rather than a refit?

Comment

• Seems like. SWG is on SQ242/241, which are normally serviced by 77Ws (2006 config).

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                                Seems like. SWG is on SQ242/241, which are normally serviced by 77Ws (2006 config).
                                I flew on SWG yesterday and the bird was not refurbished. First Class cabin was in very good condition overall - not much visible wear and tear.

SQ intended to complete the refurbishment by the end of 2016 and with 8 birds awaiting refurbishment, let's see whether they can finish by end of 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X