Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can confirm that SYF has been refitted with 2006 products.

SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 25 FEBRUARY 2017)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 26
    Seating: 30J/255Y (Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-STA
    - 9V-STB
    - 9V-STC
    - 9V-STD
    - 9V-STE
    - 9V-STF
    - 9V-STG
    - 9V-STH
    - 9V-STO
    - 9V-STQ
    - 9V-STR
    - 9V-STT
    - 9V-STU
    - 9V-STV
    - 9V-STW
    - 9V-STY
    - 9V-STZ
    - 9V-SSA
    - 9V-SSB
    - 9V-SSC
    - 9V-SSD
    - 9V-SSE
    - 9V-SSF
    - 9V-SSG
    - 9V-SSH
    - 9V-SSI

Airbus A350-900

In Service: 10
    On Order: 50
    Seating 1: 42J/24S/187Y (2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SMA
    - 9V-SMB
    - 9V-SMC
    - 9V-SMD
    - 9V-SME
    - 9V-SMF
    - 9V-SMG
    - 9V-SMH
    - 9V-SMI
    - 9V-SMJ

Airbus A350-900ULR

On Order: 7
    EIS: 2018
    Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
    On Order: 5
    EIS: 2017
    Seating 1: 12R/60J/36S/333Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2015 S, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKA
    - 9V-SKB
    - 9V-SKC
    - 9V-SKD
    - 9V-SKE
    - 9V-SKF
    - 9V-SKG
    - 9V-SKH
    - 9V-SKI
    - 9V-SKJ
    - 9V-SKK

Seating 2: 12R/86J/36S/245Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2015 S, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKL
    - 9V-SKM
    - 9V-SKN
    - 9V-SKP
    - 9V-SKQ
    - 9V-SKR
    - 9V-SKS
    - 9V-SKT

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 11
    Seating 1: 38J/228Y (Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SQJ
    - 9V-SQL
    - 9V-SQM
    - 9V-SQN
    - 9V-SRO
    - 9V-SRP
    - 9V-SRQ

Seating 2: 38J/228Y (Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SQK
    - 9V-SRM

Seating 3: 30J/293Y (Ultimo J, 2001 Y)

- 9V-SRJ
    - 9V-SRL

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 10
    Seating 1: 30J/255Y (Spacebed J, 2001 Y)

- 9V-SVF

Seating 2: 26J/245Y (2006 J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SVC
    - 9V-SVE
    - 9V-SVG
    - 9V-SVI
    - 9V-SVJ
    - 9V-SVL
    - 9V-SVM
    - 9V-SVN

Seating 3: 26J/245Y (2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SVB

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 6
    Seating 1: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SYG
    - 9V-SYJ
    - 9V-SYL

Seating 2: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SYF
    - 9V-SYH
    - 9V-SYI

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 27
    Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWF
    - 9V-SWG
    - 9V-SWH
    - 9V-SWI
    - 9V-SWQ
    - 9V-SWR
    - 9V-SWS
    - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
    - 9V-SWV
    - 9V-SWW
    - 9V-SWY
    - 9V-SWZ
    - 9V-SNA

Seating 3: 4F/48J/28S/184Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWA
    - 9V-SWB
    - 9V-SWD
    - 9V-SWE
    - 9V-SWJ
    - 9V-SWK
    - 9V-SWL
    - 9V-SWM
    - 9V-SWN
    - 9V-SWO
    - 9V-SWP
    - 9V-SNB
    - 9V-SNC

Boeing 777-9

On Order: 20
    EIS: 2021

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 49
    EIS: 2018

Total

In Service: 109
    On Order: 131

Comment

• SWF & SWH have been on the ground for a while, hopefully out for refitting.

Comment

• As per the A330 withdrawal thread, 9V-STD and 9V-STE have been withdrawn from the fleet and are due for delivery to TAP. So the total number of active A330s would be 24 as of present.

9V-STD already has performed a test flight in full TAP livery. To be re-registered CS-TOU.

9V-STE is due to be re-registered as CS-TOV and is expected to be in a special 1960s retro livery.

9V-STG (currently active) is due to be re-registered as CS-TOW and is expected to be in a special "Portugal Stopover" livery.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Do we know yet what the Boeing 787-10's will be registered? 9V-???

Comment

• Originally posted by SQA350 View Post
            Do we know yet what the Boeing 787-10's will be registered? 9V-???
            No, not at all. I wouldn't encourage much speculation either as most that got circulated about the A350 was totally baseless. SQ kept it very close guarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              I can confirm that SYF has been refitted with 2006 products.
              Unfortunately I do not think this is true. I was on SYF this morning to Manila and it is still decked out in the old stuff. My 7th flight on SQ this month and the reduced IFE content meant I couldn't really find something to watch

Old IFE and refurbed Y for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                Unfortunately I do not think this is true. I was on SYF this morning to Manila and it is still decked out in the old stuff. My 7th flight on SQ this month and the reduced IFE content meant I couldn't really find something to watch

I reckon that while there is a refurb on the older aircrafts, while they may have the new seats and physical products the IFE is still the older generation.

I've been on several of the refurb 777-200ER (9V-SVx series) and while it has the 2006J product like seat, controller and the 15" screen, the computer system and content is of the older system (i.e. lower resolution and less content) - My take is that they upgraded the seating products but not the servers on the plane (costly)

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                  I reckon that while there is a refurb on the older aircrafts, while they may have the new seats and physical products the IFE is still the older generation.

I've been on several of the refurb 777-200ER (9V-SVx series) and while it has the 2006J product like seat, controller and the 15" screen, the computer system and content is of the older system (i.e. lower resolution and less content) - My take is that they upgraded the seating products but not the servers on the plane (costly)
                  Not according to pokfur's original post with photos of 9V-SVB's interior. It clearly shows 2006 Y seats as well as 2006 maps and content.

SVB is the only SV-series plane to have been upgraded to that standard, however. All the other SV-series (other than SVF, aka flying time capsule) still have the original seats with the original IFE controllers stored in the armrests, only with new Givenchy covers in Y. If you're talking J, then yes, the seats are completely new as of two years ago, but connected to the old IFE server.

Comment

That's a real shame. 7 weeks on the ground and still clearly with the old product.

Comment

• With more A350s arriving, I doubt they'll need to refit any more 777s (other than the 77W)

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                        With more A350s arriving, I doubt they'll need to refit any more 777s (other than the 77W)
                        That's what we'd like to have happen but hasn't so far. The A330s will leave before many of the old 772s because they are leased and the old 772s are owned and worth nothing on the resale market. SRJ, SRL and SVF are all still in constant use.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          Not according to pokfur's original post with photos of 9V-SVB's interior. It clearly shows 2006 Y seats as well as 2006 maps and content.

SVB is the only SV-series plane to have been upgraded to that standard, however. All the other SV-series (other than SVF, aka flying time capsule) still have the original seats with the original IFE controllers stored in the armrests, only with new Givenchy covers in Y. If you're talking J, then yes, the seats are completely new as of two years ago, but connected to the old IFE server.

SQ228 you're right. The seats looked pretty worn out; definitely the original super old seats which were recovered a few years back and given a bigger IFE screen.

Lol I love the name flying capsule for SVF. I flew her 2 weeks ago and it was quite an amusing sight to see that sea of purple again!

Comment

• I had a chance to enjoy SRL recently. It's an even more nostalgic trip to the past ! The galley has SRL handwritten on it too ! Amazing !

Comment

Apologies! SQ had confirmed it has on their official twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

Sorry my bad yup I was referring to J and more specifically the SY 200ER birds and was talking about the content not the hard products

Comment

Working...
                                X