SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
    There is a Boeing 777 painted in Rossiya colours in the area parked at cargo apron. is that an ex sq 772 going on to Rossiya?

Thank you.
    That is ex 9V-SRB which left fleet quite a while back. By the way, it is painted in VIM Airlines colours, not Rossiya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
      That is ex 9V-SRB which left fleet quite a while back. By the way, it is painted in VIM Airlines colours, not Rossiya.
      So what is 9V-SRB doing at changi?
      https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

So what is 9V-SRB doing at changi?
        It originally went to Transaero (as EI-UNU) in 2010 but then came back to Singapore in 2016 after Transaero went bust.

It was then prepared for VIM Airlines and re-registered VP-BVW including the new colour scheme and registration, but VIM folded before it was even delivered.

It has sat at Changi ever since, but certainly isn't 9V-SRB anymore, that registration was cancelled 9 years ago.

Wonder who owns it now and who is paying for its parking? I suspect "no one" and "no one" is the answer!

Comment

• VP-BVW

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
          It originally went to Transaero (as EI-UNU) in 2010 but then came back to Singapore in 2016 after Transaero went bust.

It was then prepared for VIM Airlines and re-registered VP-BVW including the new colour scheme and registration, but VIM folded before it was even delivered.

It has sat at Changi ever since, but certainly isn't 9V-SRB anymore, that registration was cancelled 9 years ago.

Wonder who owns it now and who is paying for its parking? I suspect "no one" and "no one" is the answer!
          Thanks for the info. Do you know if she is owned by a lessor or owned by sq and leased to transaero?

If no one is paying for parking, seems strange she would just be allowed to park long term.
          https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you know if she is owned by a lessor or owned by sq and leased to transaero?

If no one is paying for parking, seems strange she would just be allowed to park long term.
            The aircraft's entry on planespotters suggests it has been at SIN for 3 years now. Very weird given SQ has moved their old 772s back and forward to VCV and ASP for storage in that same period of time.

Comment

seems strange she would just be allowed to park long term.
              There isn't much they can do with it though. Can't really tow it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nocturne View Post
                With the B787 engine and B737MAX issues, they will likely slow down the return of the A330s
                I personally think A330 is ok as I mostly fly economy.

I think B777-200, B777-200ER and B777-300 are the most pathetic one. There are still 16 of them. 3 B772, 8 B772-ER and 5 B773.

All of them except 2 B772-ER were delivered in 2001 - 2005, which almost 20 years ago.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                2006 Y & IFE: SVB, SVC, SVE, SQM, SQN, SRM
                Old: SVM, SVN, SQL, SRO, SRP, SRQ
                Is list updated? I think SRP is gone. So left with 5 old economy? How about B777-300?
                Last edited by lingua101; 11 July 2019, 12:39 PM.
                visit my blog

Comment

• For the 773s, they should be flying for the next 2 to 3 years easily, but only one is close to 18 years but can fly another 2 years at least before a major overhaul which is unlikely, whilst 3 are just about 15 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    For the 773s, they should be flying for the next 2 to 3 years easily, but only one is close to 18 years but can fly another 2 years at least before a major overhaul which is unlikely, whilst 3 are just about 15 years old.
                    OMG.... I guess this will stay for CGK and MNL
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post

I think B777-200, B777-200ER and B777-300 are the most pathetic one. There are still 16 of them. 3 B772, 8 B772-ER and 5 B773.

All of them except 2 B772-ER were delivered in 2001 - 2005, which almost 20 years ago.

Is list updated? I think SRP is gone. So left with 5 old economy? How about B777-300?
                      Five Regional 772 left: SRP and SRQ both wfu (see post 1422); five 772 Spacebed (SVx); five 773 (SYx) = 15

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post

I personally find the 2006 Y on the 777s to be more comfortable than the A330 (new seat cushions), and more modern looking as well (new seat covers).

There are now only 6 aircraft with the old (Refurb) economy: SQL, SRO, SVM, SVN, SYF and SYL. 2 772s, 2 77Es and 2 773s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                          There are now only 6 aircraft with the old (Refurb) economy: SQL, SRO, SVM, SVN, SYF and SYL. 2 772s, 2 77Es and 2 773s.
                          I flew on SVN yesterday. The new safety video which is in digital format refused to play, so the old one which uses a cassette was played instead. It was so grainy!! The IFE system died on some passengers too halfway through their movies. The IFM was showing me the cabinet of the IFE system and gosh it looked so ancient!!

In JCL it's still a joy to fly them because I even managed to flip the bed down for a short while for a snooze, but I know YCL is really dire. In any case, guess they'll all be gone next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                            I flew on SVN yesterday. The new safety video which is in digital format refused to play, so the old one which uses a cassette was played instead. It was so grainy!! The IFE system died on some passengers too halfway through their movies. The IFM was showing me the cabinet of the IFE system and gosh it looked so ancient!!

In JCL it's still a joy to fly them because I even managed to flip the bed down for a short while for a snooze, but I know YCL is really dire. In any case, guess they'll all be gone next year...
                            Well they will except for SYF & SYL and I really wonder how much effort they want to go to in order to produce a separate Krisworld file configuration, upload and magazine for just two aircraft in a fleet of 115+ yet I can't see them wanting to do a cabin refresh for planes they surely can't be intending to keep that much longer with so many new ones arriving.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Well they will except for SYF & SYL and I really wonder how much effort they want to go to in order to produce a separate Krisworld file configuration, upload and magazine for just two aircraft in a fleet of 115+ yet I can't see them wanting to do a cabin refresh for planes they surely can't be intending to keep that much longer with so many new ones arriving.
                              I believe the effort it takes to produce the separate Krisworld mag is, in fact, no more or no less than it takes now But the effort to refit the aircraft would be immense.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                                I believe the effort it takes to produce the separate Krisworld mag is, in fact, no more or no less than it takes now But the effort to refit the aircraft would be immense.
                                Plus the labour of doing that work for the IFE is much cheaper than a refit.

Comment

Working...
                                X