No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SHG has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is scheduled to arrive at Changi this evening at 8.10pm local time

Comment

• 9V-SHG has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
        9V-SHG has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 35.
        That's great as meant more than half of the order have been delivered and believe another 32 planes to come.

Comment

9V-SHG has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 35.

9V-SHG after arriving in Changi from TLS.

Comment

• Kolkata sees A350 Regional service

Singapore Airlines Kolkata aircraft changes from June 2019

Singapore Airlines next week is adjusting Singapore – Kolkata service, where the airline plans to introduce Airbus A350-900XWB aircraft. From 03JUN19, the regional 2-class A350 will replace A330-300 aircraft, operating 3 times a week, with frequency variation during selected period.

SQ516 SIN2100 – 2235CCU 359 156
            SQ517 CCU2350 – 0640+1SIN 359 156

Service operates 4 weekly (Day x247) from 12JUN19 to 29JUN19 and from 18OCT19 to 26OCT19. From 02OCT19 to 16OCT19, Singapore Airlines will operate A350 to Kolkata on daily basis, temporary replacing Silk Air flights.

Source:
            https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-june-2019/

Comment

• SQ213/SQ226 (Perth) will get the regional A350 from 3rd June, replacing 777-200ER

SQ223/SQ214 (Perth) will get the regional A350 from 1st July, replacing A333

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I note on planespotters that it appears 9V-SHI will be skipped.

Although it would be a temptation to spray paint a T on the end, I suspect it also indicates that 9V-SHO will be skipped.

All combinations of H, I, O & X would created two-letter landing gear flap codes that cannot be distinguished from their reverse. HI and IH would be identical when turned upside down from each other, as would HO & OH. As X is never used, that wouldn't become an issue anyway.
                There will be a 9V-SHI after all. She has exited the Paint Hanger and has been spotted on the Flight Line. Not sure if there will be 9V-SHO, though. Time will tell.

F-WZFL A359 322 Singapore Airlines fcs (HI on nwd)
                https://digitalairliners.com/2019/06...ls-02-06-2019/

Comment

There will be a 9V-SHI after all. She has exited the Paint Hanger and has been spotted on the Flight Line. Not sure if there will be 9V-SHO, though. Time will tell.

F-WZFL A359 322 Singapore Airlines fcs (HI on nwd)
                  https://digitalairliners.com/2019/06...ls-02-06-2019/
                  Interesting! I see someone has made a correction on planespotters too. I noted that just above SQ's HI in the list is an LH plane with XO. Symmetry doesn't seem to be a safety consideration.

The whole skipping of SKO and SWC thing can stay a mystery I think. Spent enough of my time pondering it!

Comment

• Apparently Airbus deems the 359 also viable for QF's Project Sunrise: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-qanta-458641/

If they go with A359s, I wonder if SQ could also take some as well, and then convert the SGx series back to regular A359 spec?
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                      If they go with A359s, I wonder if SQ could also take some as well, and then convert the SGx series back to regular A359 spec?
                      That will be very expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        The whole skipping of SKO and SWC thing can stay a mystery I think. Spent enough of my time pondering it!
                        KO: Knock Out
                        WC: Water closet

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                          I'm amazed these are not okay but CB is

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                            I know that's what they are abbreviations for, but why were they a problem? HH is a neo-Nazi reference and CB is unspeakably rude to Chinese speakers. HI is saying Hello. GG is slang for a horse and CC is a unit of measurement. I don't see how KO in particular is any more significant as an issue.

Comment

• 9V-SHH has completed her CAF. Delivery looks likely this weekend.

Comment

9V-SHH has completed her CAF. Delivery looks likely this weekend.
                                9V-SHH is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (08JUN19) with STA: 2000 as SQ8895.
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X