No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you jul246 and SQKevin for explaining.

Comment

• MSN 485 will be 9V-SHW, a A350-900 Regional. Looks like we will have to wait awhile more to see if there will be a 9V-SJC or 9V-SJD. There is currently a SQ A350-900 (MSN 494) on the Final Assembly Line with an unknown registration.

Last edited by SQKevin; 8 December 2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Came across some news on A350 and lightening, and if not fixed a A350 can be destroyed in flight by lightening/ Quite a scary thought.

https://worldofaviation.com/2021/12/...otection-flaw/

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/a350...re-widespread/

Comment

• 9V-SHW completed her First Flight on 9 December.

Comment

• SIA orders (or signs letter of intent at least) 7 Airbus A350 Freighters, to replace Boeing 747-400F fleet from 4Q 2025.

Deal includes a swap from 2 pax A350s, and 15 A320neos (Scoot).

Comment

• 9V-SJE has been moved to the Delivery Centre. She could be delivered before the end of 2021.

Comment

• Question, A350LH flights to SEA and LAX only use A350s 9V-SMV onwards. Is it because they are more fuel efficient with the new winglets or is there another reason?

Comment

• From the latest summer schedule, it seems like SQ is dropping the A359ULR to both SFO and LAX, instead using the 3-class A350s. That leaves JFK the only destination consistently served by the ULR sub fleet.

I understand there were plans to potentially double-down on non-stop services to NYC pre-covid. With the recent upgrade of SQ25/26 to the A380, I do not envision that happening soon.

Any guesses on the plans SQ might have with loading the remaining ULR? There is enough capacity now to effectively open up 2 new non-stop routes to the U.S. east coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zlamba View Post
                    From the latest summer schedule, it seems like SQ is dropping the A359ULR to both SFO and LAX, instead using the 3-class A350s. That leaves JFK the only destination consistently served by the ULR sub fleet.

I understand there were plans to potentially double-down on non-stop services to NYC pre-covid. With the recent upgrade of SQ25/26 to the A380, I do not envision that happening soon.

Any guesses on the plans SQ might have with loading the remaining ULR? There is enough capacity now to effectively open up 2 new non-stop routes to the U.S. east coast.
                    I think SQ might keep the ULR on SFO. The seat map for SQ34/33 indicate LH A350. But they are not selling the Y seats on this flight. So maybe they are checking the demand as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      I think SQ might keep the ULR on SFO. The seat map for SQ34/33 indicate LH A350. But they are not selling the Y seats on this flight. So maybe they are checking the demand as well.
                      I don’t know if the schedule is completely updated. SQ34/33 is probably not updated time-wise and also seat wise. I think if they are using the ULR now they will update to reflect.

Probably would wait a month to see if its further updated with that.

Comment

• I believe SQ have already updated the schedule for Sunmer 2022. SQ22/21 (EWR) is on the schedule. So SQ might be flying there.

Even YVR/SEA remain on the schedule as well.
                        Last edited by sbs2716g; 21 December 2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                          I believe SQ have already updated the schedule for Sunmer 2022. SQ22/21 (EWR) is on the schedule. So SQ might be flying there.
                          Indeed SQ22/21 daily is back (ULR), for three times daily service to and from New York (i.e. the pre-COVID plan for October 2020 onwards that never happened!).

Quite ambitious, offering a non-stop morning and midnight departure in both directions on the New York route, plus the A380 via FRA.

EWR-SIN shows as non-VTL for the time being, though I'd expect that to be updated later.

2 x daily New York ULR plus potentially SQ34/33 SFO 3 x weekly, which looks like it may switch to ULR, requires 5 aircraft to operate (but 5th frame not fully utilised, so it's more like 4.5 aircraft).

Still plenty of scope for another daily service somewhere or other, while also retaining aircraft 7 as a spare.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                            Indeed SQ22/21 daily is back (ULR), for three times daily service to and from New York (i.e. the pre-COVID plan for October 2020 onwards that never happened!).

Quite ambitious, offering a non-stop morning and midnight departure in both directions on the New York route, plus the A380 via FRA.

EWR-SIN shows as non-VTL for the time being, though I'd expect that to be updated later.

2 x daily New York ULR plus potentially SQ34/33 SFO 3 x weekly, which looks like it may switch to ULR, requires 5 aircraft to operate (but 5th frame not fully utilised, so it's more like 4.5 aircraft).

Still plenty of scope for another daily service somewhere or other, while also retaining aircraft 7 as a spare.
                            I don’t remember any EWR resumption announcement, but the S22 schedule for SQ34/33 looks like it’s pre-covid schedule, I wonder if that 3PM schedule holds or the 6:40PM which is already in use for the last 1 year.

Also that flight is only 3 times a week, the current SQ34/33 flight is a daily flight even with the nonstop morning flight coming back in February.

But let’s wait & see.

Comment

• 9V-SJE has performed her CAF. Another step closer to a year end Delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                9V-SJE has performed her CAF. Another step closer to a year end Delivery.

So graceful and beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X