SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
    Alta Holdings is taking all those ex-SQ B777-212ER currently stored in the US and potentially all seven ex-NokScoot and leasing them to Eastern Airlines, which recently announced they will add 35 B777 for passenger-converted freighters.
    I thought the 777 passenger-converted freighters was for the 777-300ER only?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      I thought the 777 passenger-converted freighters was for the 777-300ER only?
      I think it will be more of a pfreighter, where they remove the seats and secure cargo in the main deck (along with the usual belly cargo).

Though they seem to be doing something more permanent.

https://www.seanews.com.tr/eastern-a...ghters/191075/
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        I think it will be more of a pfreighter, where they remove the seats and secure cargo in the main deck (along with the usual belly cargo).

Though they seem to be doing something more permanent.

https://www.seanews.com.tr/eastern-a...ghters/191075/
        It looks they they won't be able to carry anything heavy. I would have thought that would have been pretty restrictive for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          It looks they they won't be able to carry anything heavy. I would have thought that would have been pretty restrictive for them.
          It seems like their cargo business model is centered around small package freight, for e-commerce, and will exclude bulky and oversized cargo. The aircraft may have restrictions but it suits their target business model.

Comment

• Eastern mentioned that they will have a main cargo door - which would mean that these pax to freighter planes would be like full freighters that can carry heavy main deck pallets too and not necessarily restricted to small packages only.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Eastern mentioned that they will have a main cargo door - which would mean that these pax to freighter planes would be like full freighters that can carry heavy main deck pallets too and not necessarily restricted to small packages only.
              Having a main cargo door just means that they will be able to load palletized freight, but not necessarily heavy freight, palletized or not. The 777s that Eastern is acquiring will not be undergoing the necessary structural reinforcements and engineering that a true freighter aircraft needs to be able to transport heavy cargo on the main deck such as aircraft engines or cars. For reference, regular 777 freighters take months to be converted while Eastern's 777s will be ready in a matter of weeks. Eastern is targeting low-density, express cargo, hence their 777s are not undergoing the typical conversion to be a true freighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                9V-SWA headed out for an air-test (SQ8877) earlier today in basic SQ livery without titles.
                Re-registered as N855BC on October 18, 2021.

Three more to go: 9V-SWD, 9V-SWE and 9V-SWF.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                  Re-registered as N855BC on October 18, 2021.

Three more to go: 9V-SWD, 9V-SWE and 9V-SWF.
                  After 15 years of service, 9V-SWA now N855BC will be leaving Singapore for one last time to VCV for storage.

Leaving today October 28, 2021 at 12:00pm SGT, scheduled to arrive at VCV at 12:06pm local time PDT

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N855BC

Comment

• Singapore Airlines B777-212ER 9V-SRQ was flown to Tereul Airport, Spain for storage on March 19, 2022.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-srq

Started life with SQ on Aug 2003 as 9V-SRQ

Singapore Airlines B777-212/ER 9V-SRQ 12/13/14 by Angelo Agcamaran, on Flickr

Went to NokScoot on Aug 2019 as HS-XBG

IMG_1106 by Michael Ing, on Flickr

Stored at ASP Jun 2020 - Apr 2021 as 9V-SRQ

Stored at SIN Apr 2021 - Mar 2022 as 9V-SRQ
                    9V-SRQ by Benedict Kwan, on Flickr

the Big Bird is still smiling by Jaws300, on Flickr

Video of her possibly last landing at Teruel Airport:
                    https://twitter.com/aeropuerteruel/s...01499801743368

Five more B777-212ERs/ MSN de-registration to go:
                    1. 9V-SRG 28522
                    2. 9V-SRH 30866
                    3. 9V-SRJ 28527
                    4. 9V-SRL 32334
                    5. 9V-SRP 33369
                    Btw, thank you Admin for the new website!
                    Last edited by jul247; 25 March 2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• First post retirement photo of 9V-SWA. Privilege Style of Spain apparently has taken her up as EC-NSZ.

Attached Files

Comment

• I see that 9V-SWJ has recently flown to ASP. Like 9V-SWK and 9V-SWL, they are there for permanent storage right?

Will those not be coming back to revenue service at all anytime soon?

Also, 9V-SWM and 9V-SWN, does anyone know if those are permanently freighter 777's, or at some point they will go back to passenger 77W given SQ's recent emergence from the pandemic? Anyone know?

The only other aircraft out of service is 9V-SWY, is that also a freighter only aircraft? I remember some posts that it did go to Kathmandu.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          does anyone know if those are permanently freighter 777's
                          I think it is a possibility but they most probably won't be operated by SQ.

Comment

• When SWM and SWN last operated, they were preighters, and had not been converted into permanent freighters. They still have their F and J cabins installed, but have had their W and Y seats removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              I see that 9V-SWJ has recently flown to ASP. Like 9V-SWK and 9V-SWL, they are there for permanent storage right?

Will those not be coming back to revenue service at all anytime soon?

Also, 9V-SWM and 9V-SWN, does anyone know if those are permanently freighter 777's, or at some point they will go back to passenger 77W given SQ's recent emergence from the pandemic? Anyone know?

The only other aircraft out of service is 9V-SWY, is that also a freighter only aircraft? I remember some posts that it did go to Kathmandu.
                              To date, none of the B77Ws produced by Boeing has been converted to full freighter configuration yet. However several companies are currently working on the conversion plan. Still subject to approval and licensing. Those registrations you have mentioned most probably are going for short term storage for now or operating as pfreighters to keep pilot current and earn some extra money hauling cargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                                When SWM and SWN last operated, they were preighters, and had not been converted into permanent freighters. They still have their F and J cabins installed, but have had their W and Y seats removed.
                                Good to know. But now and since the last posting and even for the last 6 months, it has not flown anywhere. Hopefully they will return back with the W and Y seats for revenue service. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X