No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QF J seems to be a good compromise between density and comfort for J passengers. On short/medium haul routes those seats would be more than comfortable, i would think.

Comment

The Stelia business class seat could be this one (staggered layout):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lrMAfv5hc8

Comment

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
        The Stelia business class seat could be this one (staggered layout):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lrMAfv5hc8
        I'm not going to lie, I actually saw the same pics via Google and they're quite similar to CX's J-class seat on the 77W and A330.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          I'm not going to lie, I actually saw the same pics via Google and they're quite similar to CX's J-class seat on the 77W and A330.
          I thought the CX 77Ws and A330s had the Cirrus reverse herringbone seats.....the Stelia one is definitely not that.

Comment

I was at Boeing Factory Everett last month, and saw QF 787 in production line behind JAL, she should be ready in October this year for delivery to QF, but I did not see SQ 787. Unfortunately no camera was allowed to take pix.

Comment

787-10s are built in Charleston rather than Everett

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                I thought the CX 77Ws and A330s had the Cirrus reverse herringbone seats.....the Stelia one is definitely not that.
                They do, I thought it looked similar to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  They do, I thought it looked similar to some degree.
                  The Stelia seats are forward facing and do not angle away from the aisle. With the design of SQ's long-haul J being forward facing, i do not think they will deviate from that hence no reverse herringbone.

We might end up with a cabin looking similar to EK's A380 J for example, but hopefully heavily customized to look SQ-esque!

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    The Stelia seats are forward facing and do not angle away from the aisle. With the design of SQ's long-haul J being forward facing, i do not think they will deviate from that hence no reverse herringbone.

We might end up with a cabin looking similar to EK's A380 J for example, but hopefully heavily customized to look SQ-esque!
                    Etihad's 787 and A380 J is actually quite impressive.....though some seats face backwards, which people might not like. Stelia's looks a lot like Swiss' in terms of layout.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post

I see what you mean now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

A small glimpse of SQ's first 787-10! Top right corner, in front of the Air New Zealand bird.

Picture from Boeing South Carolina's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                          A small glimpse of SQ's first 787-10! Top right corner, in front of the Air New Zealand bird.

Very sharp eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post

Nice this seems to refute theories that 787 were to be sent to other airlines such as Vistara or scoot. Instead it appears they will operate under main SQ

Comment

They could still repaint them i guess, but yes this seems to nail down that the planes will be operating for SQ rather than subsidiaries.

Comment

doubt SQ 787s will be going to Scoot not for some time to come even if it does. As Scoot have a total order of 20 787s which it inherited from earlier SQ orders and so far only 15 787s would have been delivered to Scoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X