Still no A+ lounge open at T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    please, someone launch a hostile takeover and oust the board.
    Blimey !!. Say what you think, taipeiflyer...

I'm back again, and it's still not open....

Comment

Well knock me down with a feather...

TARMAC VIEW at T3 SKL F....!!!!

They've removed one of the awful steel cased structures they have blocking the views out from the main lounge area right in the bottom far corner of the lounge, at the only bit were you can see outside instead of the gate area below. I didn't see this earlier as I didn't bother walking down there. You still have to stand up to see out, but hey, it's more than we had before !!!

They have got a much smaller wooden structure that you can see straight over now. It looks temporary so maybe they'll go back to blocking out as much natural light as possible, as they seem so keen to do at SKL's....

Still, I couldn't believe it. You can see the outside from a T3 SKL..??!!

I can't imagine it will last, but we live in hope.....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Exciting! Hope to view it soon...

Comment

BTW, wonders never cease. There is a note on the bar in the 'First (cough) Lounge' saying bar service available 2100-2330... It's only took 6 weeks to sort that out, and a bit different to the previous 1530-2330. Maybe someone finally volunteered...
          And how are they doing this ?. Extra staff ?.

Noooo. They are allegedly nicking the bar man from SKL T2 J lounge, who will now apparently wrap up there around 20.00-20.30 and then hot foot it over to T3 to provide two and a half hours bar service in the current flagship lounge.

Genius.

Comment

Noooo. They are allegedly nicking the bar man from SKL T2 J lounge, who will now apparently wrap up there around 20.00-20.30 and then hot foot it over to T3 to provide two and a half hours bar service in the current flagship lounge.

Genius.
            Hmm - I saw the same barman working at the QF/BA J lounge, doing some auditing. This was at approximately 1900 or whatever time it was prior to the departure of the BA flight to SYD. He gets around.

He remembered me - apparently I'd drank a lot of Dom when I was in the SKL F a few months prior.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Genius.
              Wow, wonder which exec got promoted for such a brilliant idea!

Comment

Still, I couldn't believe it. You can see the outside from a T3 SKL..??!!

I can't imagine it will last, but we live in hope.....
                As suspected, it didn't last. The vampires (who obviously have an aversion to natural light) are still in charge, and they have fitted another of those awful 'things' that they have in front of the windows.

Oh well, at least I'll be able to tell any Grandchildren I once saw the tarmac from the SKL F lounge....

Comment

any recent updates? this is becoming laughable. crazy that you can't see the tarmac... what a shame.

Comment

Can I just check,...what will be the access rules for the A+ lounge? Is is only for suites, or will longhaul F pax gain access? I'm a bit confused as to what it will offer over and above the existing F lounge, and indeed who will be eligible to use it. Forgive me for my ignorance if this is an obvious question,...or indeed if those rules aren't yet clear!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                      Can I just check,...what will be the access rules for the A+ lounge? Is is only for suites, or will longhaul F pax gain access? I'm a bit confused as to what it will offer over and above the existing F lounge, and indeed who will be eligible to use it. Forgive me for my ignorance if this is an obvious question,...or indeed if those rules aren't yet clear!
                      hi nickbot, we are all waiting in suspense to find out the who's, why's, when's and how's of entering the A+ lounge. all of your questions have yet to be answered... there has been speculation and rumors, but no answers.

Comment

Thanks taipeiflyer, I thought it might have been a naive question as I'm not up on the whole T3 lounge scene (actually, hardly up on any lounge scene ),...but there's a tentative chance mrs nickbot and I might be paying a visit to the SKL F in the next couple of months, so I'm swotting up

Comment

my sincerest wishes that both you and mrs nickbot get to experience club SKL in the very near future. my best to you both.

Comment

Latest installment of this fiasco..

Was in T3 SKL F yesterday showing matt_will_fix_it this hidden away lounge and the famous plant pots they have blocking access. One of the staff walked past and was daft enough to enquire as to what we were doing.

I told him I was explaining the farcical saga of this unopened lounge and asked him when it was opening. His reply : 'Before September' I said you cannot be serious, it's been ready for months. But before September was all we got. He did say it was be Suites pax only, no F pax or TPP's..

My moan about F pax not getting in was met with 'but you can use this lounge'. He was a bit taken aback when I told him 'this place is rubbish'.

Comment

Also they were doing some work in the lounge, we could hear a faint banging noise from the other side of the doors... so something must be going on behind there!
                              matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                                Also they were doing some work in the lounge, we could hear a faint banging noise from the other side of the doors... so something must be going on behind there!
                                Perhaps putting up a huge sign "SUITES PASSENGERS ONLY - NO TPPS / FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS PLEASE".

Comment

Working...
                                X