Still no A+ lounge open at T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no A+ lounge open at T3

What on earth are they doing with it ?!. The rumours were that it was being 'saved' for the LHR inaugural, but that's been and gone.

I walked into the SKL F at T3 (still with no bar staff..) last night to be greeted with poor old SQ LPP and his F BP he hoped to use to enter the new place.

According to the white ladies they have been told 'it will be open soon..'. I see. The farce continues...

Grrr... I was thinking about another LHR-SIN-AKL trip in F at the end of the year, picking a combination of A380, 77W and 747s but other options are starting to look promising. Plus the fact that the SQ website is currently refusing to price an all F itinerary to AKL despite my reporting it as a bug.

At the moment I'm advising friends/family/colleagues transiting through SIN to go to the T2 SKL or else use the C side in T3 if they want decent drink/food.

BC

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      At the moment I'm advising friends/family/colleagues transiting through SIN to go to the T2 SKL or else use the C side in T3 if they want decent drink/food.

BC
      Actually after many times going through Changi, the idea of going to SKL F in T2 for flight departing from T3 would not be convenient. I must have been gotten used to the new lounge. Just looking around what the best food available between C and F.

But again, I was disappointed with "unopened" part of the lounge.

Oh and the worst part, there was a young guy wearing black suites asking opinion. When I said about Dom, he did not grasp what Dom is. Even he doesn't know the name I mention who is responsible for SKL.

Comment

i do not know if this is true but people are saying that because there are no star alliance carriers now, hence the need for a star alliance lounge is not needed now

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
          i do not know if this is true but people are saying that because there are no star alliance carriers now, hence the need for a star alliance lounge is not needed now
          Ermmm.. the OP actually asked about SQ's A+ lounge, which supposed to be the SQ's VVIP lounge for VVIP passengers . Not *A (star alliance) lounge.
          Last edited by singaporu_kooku; 22 March 2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
            Welcome to SQTalk, JSF.

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'star alliance lounge', other than perhaps you are referring to the SATS Premium lounge at T2 ?. Whatever it is, SQ do need three lounges for any terminal they operate from as they have two SKL's (a Business and First side) and also another lounge for their own KF Gold members and other *A Gold members.

The one I am referring to is an extension from the current First lounge that is complete but is bizarrely still closed.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Grrr... I was thinking about another LHR-SIN-AKL trip in F at the end of the year, picking a combination of A380, 77W and 747s but other options are starting to look promising. Plus the fact that the SQ website is currently refusing to price an all F itinerary to AKL despite my reporting it as a bug.
              BC
              BC, FWIW I had the same problem. Popped over the road from work to Trailfinders in the City armed with about eight hours of keyboard pounding two weeks ago. Yes, they said 'no availability'. Then I pointed out that the individual segments were showing availability. They sorted it out, but it took an hour of me sitting there with 'em.

I was looking at either LHR-SYD-LHR or LHR-AKL-LHR. Neither would show availability online all the way thru.

Trailfinders did an open jaw LHR-SIN-AKL...SYD-SIN-LHR and I booked the EK419 AKL-SYD in F online as it was a lot cheaper than Trailfinders (£480 vs ~£750). Can't see the point of booking a J in QF or NZ on this segment when you get transfers thrown in on EK.

Cheers, Howard

Comment

Thanks Howard: I do think that the 77W flights seem to have been loaded wrongly on the SQ website since I can see some short term availability on the 744 at the moment but nothing on the SIN-AKL leg later in the year as part of an ex-LHR itinerary.

Am tempted to use Trailfinders even if we go for the BA/QF option since most websites are still unable to deliver reasonable fares with stopover scheduling.

BC

Comment

Amazing to think they have a substantial section of the F lounge all ready to go, if only the management can make its bloody mind up!!

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    Amazing to think they have a substantial section of the F lounge all ready to go, if only the management can make its bloody mind up!!
                    Seems strange indeed. It was still shut last night, as was the bar in the SKL F lounge - maybe this will never open and will be a lasting white elephant.

I must say I have been disappointed with the SKL F lounges this trip. Their one saving grace was the bar service Dom, and now even that's gone.

Although I was pleasantly surprised last night when they told me I was to be buggied from the SKL F lounge as part of the Suites service. But... when it didn't arrive 15 minutes prior to departure, I mentioned it to the lounge staff who then went into a minor panic as I think they'd forgotten.

Howard

Comment

I am back in the T3 SKL F lounge. I'd say 'greetings' but that would feel a little hypocritical as this place is crap!. Sorry, but the more I come here the more annoyed I get at how poor it is. For the flagship lounge of the worlds best airline, it's a joke.

The fact that the new place - which aint gonna be anything special either from what we can gather - has been ready for a couple of months but they still can't get their act together enough to open the bloody thing, is quite frankly, farcical.

Rumour now is it may be Suites only, not even F. This promises to get even more silly...

BTW, wonders never cease. There is a note on the bar in the 'First (cough) Lounge' saying bar service available 2100-2330... It's only took 6 weeks to sort that out, and a bit different to the previous 1530-2330. Maybe someone finally volunteered...
                      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 30 March 2008, 06:07 AM.

Comment

sorry to hear that the lounge has been such a disappointment MANFlyer. It is rediculous how long the A+ lounge has remained unopen. It's too bad that they don't stall half as long in slashing benefits to their frequent passengers as they do in affording privileges. And if they were to impose the rediculous policy (not saying that they will) of only allowing suites passengers access, it would show just hor far up their rear ends SQ's management has their heads. To think, a person paying over $12,000 US for a zrh-sin RT in F would not be able to access the A+ lounge, while the nrt-sin suites passenger would be able to at half the price would be truly ironic. please, someone launch a hostile takeover and oust the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
                          Can't see the point of booking a J in QF or NZ on this segment when you get transfers thrown in on EK.

Cheers, Howard
                          By transfers "thrown in" are you referring to free airport limo transfers by EK on either end?

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                            It's too bad that they don't stall half as long in slashing benefits to their frequent passengers
                            ... or in jacking up prices

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                              please, someone launch a hostile takeover and oust the board.
                              Haha.. It will never be easy or possible, considering who is their main backer...

Comment

Working...
                              X