Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you fly between Singapore and KL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    The 4am timing can/should be 30mins less...

Unfortunately the Japanese car at that time was speed restricted to 180km/h

Comment

I took 3K to KL 2 weeks ago for only $71. I agree this may be better option (as I hate to be in the plan for more than 5 hours, not to mention bus), but few drawbacks:
      - people tend not to buy luggage option, so you will see many people with so many carry-on. you will see many maximum cabin size baggage as people trying to save the baggage cost.
      - the check-in counter will not open until 2 hours before flight. (I was there early around 6pm for 920pm flight, as I thought I can quickly clear the formality and enjoying my time in Plaza lounge and do plane hunting).
      - my flight was 40 minutes late, due to late arrival of aircraft from SIN. I talked to ground crew and he told me 15-30min delay should be quite normal for Jetstar especially the last flight...
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        The 4am timing can/should be 30mins less...
        Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Unfortunately the Japanese car at that time was speed restricted to 180km/h
        have any of you encountered cops after malaysian immigration in the direction of the second link? i got pulled over before doing 140+. are they even allowed to conduct ops (legal/illegal) in no man's land?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          have any of you encountered cops after malaysian immigration in the direction of the second link? i got pulled over before doing 140+. are they even allowed to conduct ops (legal/illegal) in no man's land?
          No, never encountered that... Do they immediately pop over to Sing for some shopping with the day's take?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
            So long as its before the apex of the bridge, its still officially Malaysian soil.

Comment

I personally prefer AK between SIN and KUL, newer aircrafts, cheaper food and OLCI. However my main problem with it is that it doesn't use the main terminal. So I feel forced to use 3K.

Comment

Here's a reason on a relatively similar topic - why not to take the train between Singapore and Malaysia...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  So long as its before the apex of the bridge, its still officially Malaysian soil.
                  Last time i used the second link, the easiest way to tell if you're in Malaysia is by looking at the lines on the road. Double yellow means you're still in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Here's a reason on a relatively similar topic - why not to take the train between Singapore and Malaysia...
                    Besides that, I wouldn't take it because a) it is too slow for a 225-mile journey and b) passport control going north is rather complicated.

Comment

taking the train from SIN to KUL is simply too long as the timetable says it takes 8 HOURS to reach! which is slower than the express coaches. I would usually fly AK on my personal trips as it offers 9 daily flights and on this sector hardly any delays - unlike 3K n Tiger which I tried a few times bec of its fares but the downside is they are very prone to delays n even flight cancellations and they only fly 2 or 3 times daily - hence if u r on the last flight and it gets canned, then good luck. Plus AK planes are much newer and their female crew looks great in their red uniform.

Comment

Working...
                      X