No announcement yet.

Singapore Christmas Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some more photos of the christmas decorations. I was in the same part of town as CGK so most of mine are the same as his (and as his are much better than mine I won't repeat them).

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      The Takashimaya Christmas tree is always very impressive!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

Is that part of Takashimaya or Nge Ann City?

Here are some more photos of the christmas decorations. I was in the same part of town as CGK so most of mine are the same as his (and as his are much better than mine I won't repeat them).
        You are too kind!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          Is that part of Takashimaya or Nge Ann City?
          Technically, Ngee Ann City, but I've always thought of that whole mall as Takashimaya, since it's by far the largest store there.

Comment

Guess I need to see everything lit up next week as I only saw most of the stuff during the day

For those interested there were holiday decorations up on SQ 638 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
              For those interested there were holiday decorations up on SQ 638 last night.
              You mean this one?

And of course we should not forget about the SQ Christmas decoration.

It is posted in this thread: A glimpse of Christmas around the world.

Comment

You mean this one?

It is posted in this thread: A glimpse of Christmas around the world.
                Yep that's the one I saw.

For the Fauchon lovers, Fauchon Ice Cream still for sale at Takashimaya in Shinjuku.

Comment

Got some pictures with my point-and-shoot today, kind of shaky. I'll try to get some with my SLR to put up here. In the mean time, here's what I got...

The main theme down Orchard Road

Classic theme at City Hall/Chijmes

Raffles Hotel

Enjoy...

Comment

Thanks, oxymoron1984.

Looks like they did go for a whiter or light blue look this year versus other years.

The Raffles looks very nice!

Comment

The Raffles looks the same every year. Am I dreaming?

Comment

The Raffles looks the same every year. Am I dreaming?
                        Ah! Maybe I just don't remember what it's looked like in the past.

When I've gone out looking at the Christmas lights I've usually stuck with Orchard Road since that's where most of the decorations are.

Comment

The Raffles is generally the same each year with slight alterations. This year, they added the tinge of blue. In past years, they had whole circle wreathes. The bows have a slightly longer tail this year too.

Tanglin Mall has got a nice village/stable scene set up but the lights were turned off when I drove past so I didn't get any pictures. Since Centrepoint had their make-over, they've not put any dramatic decorations up, pity.

Not sure if anyone of you have seen the decorations of the four corners of the junction at the Heeren. They've got those ballerina/nutcracker revolving things there. Should be interesting when it's turned on.

Comment

Sorry guys didn't venture out yesterday to see more lights as it was pouring heavily in SIN as I'm sure the locals can attest to. I've seen it rain in SIN before, but this was just heavy downpour that never stopped.

Anyhow another reason to return next year

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
                              The Raffles is generally the same each year with slight alterations. This year, they added the tinge of blue. In past years, they had whole circle wreathes. The bows have a slightly longer tail this year too...
                              I don't recall ever having seen photos of Raffles decorated for the holidays. Thank you for sharing those & the other photos of the holiday decorations!

Comment

I hope that I'm not too late...

Christmas Deco @ Bugis Junction

Christmas Deco @ Bugis Square

Christmas Tree @ Raffles City

St Andrew's Cathedral from far

St Andrew's Cathedral upclose

P.S. Sorry for the lest than perfect photos. I've taken them using my K850i, neither am I a professional photographer.
                                We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                                X