My Encounter At Gate E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    Not a very good spot I guess, very subjective. Are the planes well framed when it is taken with a telephoto lens? Besides, do you know where do people spot to take such pictures?
    Please don't be mistaken. I didn't actually take any photos there myself; I just happened to witness the final approaches. The views were good in that you could see the aircraft up-close, from the side, as they glide before you. That's why I guessed that spot would make a good area for photo opportunities. However, because you don't have a 180-degree view of the sky, it might get a tad tricky when you frame your aircraft. Owing to the trees all around you, you would only be able to see 1/3 or 1/2 of the sky above.

I'm not sure where those folks on airliners.net stage themselves. But I do know one good place to spot planes, though it's 100% impossible to gain access, much less use your camera. It's Bedok Camp. I can't recall the number of aircraft doing their final approaches I've witnessed. How do I know? I do my RT there.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Maybe I shall go to the Jumbo restaurant there and eat instead of the usual one East Coast Park. Is the club open to public? I'm not a member of that club.
      The NSRCC should be opened to public as the company I work for held several lunches there at Jumbo. There's also another restaurant (forgot the name) next door at the NSRCC Sea Sports Centre, it's very very close to the action.

Comment

I am sure some of you may know them already but if you want to know about photography at Changi, do's and dont's and all other spotting and photo related stuff for Singapore then these are the guys you need to ask :

www.ninervictor.com

They do know there stuff and have some fabulous pictures of aircraft at Changi.

Comment

Not bad. Its extremely rare to see an Ilyushin IL-86 here at SIN. Its kinda once in a life experience at SIN to see such an aircraft.

Comment

Dear SQ168 and WSSS, I just wanna confirm the two locations you brought up:

The restaurant by the beach at SAFRA/NSRCC: Jumbo Seafood
            The cafe at Laguna National Country Club: Lakes Cafe

Are the above correct? Given my two unfortunate incidences at Gate E2, I will desperately need to check these places out. Sigh... No more aircraft departures up-close.
            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

For good arrivals belly shots into 02L, I can recommend the roundabout at the end of Changi South Avenue 2. Its just under the flightpath into that runway. Alternatively, park you car along Changi Biz Park Ctrl 2 on the map below and walk to the edge of Changi South Ave 3. Good view for planes on shortfinals.

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                Dear SQ168 and WSSS, I just wanna confirm the two locations you brought up:

The restaurant by the beach at SAFRA/NSRCC: Jumbo Seafood
                The cafe at Laguna National Country Club: Lakes Cafe

Are the above correct? Given my two unfortunate incidences at Gate E2, I will desperately need to check these places out. Sigh... No more aircraft departures up-close.
                Correct. Bringing your camera stuff to spot?

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                For good arrivals belly shots into 02L, I can recommend the roundabout at the end of Changi South Avenue 2. Its just under the flightpath into that runway. Alternatively, park you car along Changi Biz Park Ctrl 2 on the map below and walk to the edge of Changi South Ave 3. Good view for planes on shortfinals.
                Able to capture a good picture with a telephoto lens? I will try that alone. I'm underaged to drive, so I have to go there by either MRT or cab. Convenient to take a bus from any decent location? I will try spotting there for a day.

Comment

Correct. Bringing your camera stuff to spot?
                  Uhhhhh............ I don't have a decent camera. Only a lousy Kodak compact camera that cost S$199. Ha! I do have a Nikon F55 (film SLR), but I have not touched that for years (thinking of letting it go -- got any lobang?). I may get a digital SLR in future but that won't be on my list of priorities, given my family commitments. I may get a good compact camera like Canon Digital IXUS first.

Able to capture a good picture with a telephoto lens? I will try that alone. I'm underaged to drive, so I have to go there by either MRT or cab. Convenient to take a bus from any decent location? I will try spotting there for a day.
                  You're younger than 18??? Boy, you do know a lot of stuff at your age!
                  My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Uhhhhh............ I don't have a decent camera. Only a lousy Kodak compact camera that cost S$199. Ha! I do have a Nikon F55 (film SLR), but I have not touched that for years (thinking of letting it go -- got any lobang?). I may get a digital SLR in future but that won't be on my list of priorities, given my family commitments. I may get a good compact camera like Canon Digital IXUS first.
                    A Canon Digital IXUS 70 can do the job, actually you can get a A570IS and get a Powershot teleconverter which is cheaper than the IXUS. I used to have an IXUS 750 until it went goyak. Now I use a D80 (it was a white elephant so I started using it) and occasionally loan my parents' IXUS.
                    Last edited by WSSS; 15 June 2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately that place is very inaccessible without wheels. You could walk from Expo MRT station but will probably take you a good 20mins to walk there. You could take cab there but coming back will be tricky. Having said that, during lunch time, some cabbies take a nap at the roundabout.....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Unfortunately that place is very inaccessible without wheels. You could walk from Expo MRT station but will probably take you a good 20mins to walk there. You could take cab there but coming back will be tricky. Having said that, during lunch time, some cabbies take a nap at the roundabout.....
                        I will take a cab there, and will call a cab to bring me back to Expo. That's going to cost me a bomb.

Comment

I will take a cab there, and will call a cab to bring me back to Expo. That's going to cost me a bomb.
                          The last time I took a cab from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (where SBS Service 35 stops) to the SAFRA Club or something (might be that NSRCC referred to) next door, the driver didn't look too pleased.
                          My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Where does he pick up passengers after that? East Coast Park?

Comment

Where does he pick up passengers after that? East Coast Park?
                              The people who board cabs from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal would be folks who have returned from overseas, say Desaru or the Indonesian islands or something. So they would likely be heading home, ie. Ang Mo Kio, Tampines, Yishun, etc.
                              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

The people who board cabs from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal would be folks who have returned from overseas, say Desaru or the Indonesian islands or something. So they would likely be heading home, ie. Ang Mo Kio, Tampines, Yishun, etc.
                                Yeah. Is 35 still a non air-con service?

Comment

Working...
                                X