Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airshow 2014

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:03 AM.

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
    Various sources seem to confirm the A350 will make it's international airshow appearance here

Bloomberg link here

eTN link here

Quite exciting that Singapore gets to host the first airshow display --- it will be on static and flying --- so hopefully we will get a chance to look at it up close and personal!
    Any idea if this would be during the trade days or general public days ? (if it happens at all of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
      Any idea if this would be during the trade days or general public days ? (if it happens at all of course)
      Both articles said it's gonna be flying on 11th and 12th. While public days are on 15th and 16h.

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
        If it happens, it will be in both trade and public days

Comment

Originally posted by lfc View Post
          If it happens, it will be in both trade and public days
          Sadly it seems not, the Airbus website says the same, static and flying displays on Tuesday-Wednesday 11-12 Feb.

Comment

A350 is in Singapore ! It's now in Changi Airport.

Comment

Comment

Oh! Any idea which part of the airport it's in? Will be flying in this afternoon and curious to see it (didn't see it when taking off yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Oh! Any idea which part of the airport it's in? Will be flying in this afternoon and curious to see it (didn't see it when taking off yesterday)
                  Was jogging along the Changi Coastal Road today and saw the A350 take off at around 12pm on runway 02C and then land again about 1.10pm on the same runway.

A beautiful, and very quiet plane. So quiet that on take-off, it was already rotating before I noticed it, and I didn't have time to whip out my camera for a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    It's parked at bay 400+. Could be viewed from Changi Coast Rd.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      Was jogging along the Changi Coastal Road today and saw the A350 take off at around 12pm on runway 02C and then land again about 1.10pm on the same runway.

A beautiful, and very quiet plane. So quiet that on take-off, it was already rotating before I noticed it, and I didn't have time to whip out my camera for a picture.
                      That plane was actually doing a touch-and-go.

It took off around 1055 in the opposite direction, from RWY20C. Then around noon, it came back for a touch-and-go and eventually landed as you said at around 1310 in RWY02C direction. Then it took off again past 1500 and did a flying demonstration.

Taking off for air-test.

Doing a touch-and-go.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I can back tonight and saw it park at bay 400 T2 side

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          That plane was actually doing a touch-and-go.

It took off around 1055 in the opposite direction, from RWY20C. Then around noon, it came back for a touch-and-go and eventually landed as you said at around 1310 in RWY02C direction. Then it took off again past 1500 and did a flying demonstration.
                          Ahh....that explains it! Whenever I go for a run along that stretch of Changi Coastal Road I usually keep an eye out for the planes taxiiing for take-off on RWY20C. I was wondering how I could have missed the A350. Just before the A350 touch-n-go, I saw a Cargolux 744, KLM Cargo 744 take off, and I think several narrow-bodies on the taxi way, then watched them take-off one by one as I jogged slowly along the coastal road.

I was quite surprised to see the A350 taking off when it did, and was wondering how I could have missed seeing it along the taxiway. Now that you mentioned it was a touch-and-go, it all makes sense.

Interesting that most landings at that time were on 02L, and 02C was being used mainly for take-offs, with the exception of the A350.

Before the A350, I also saw a C-17 in the air off the East Coast.

A nice day to be out along East Coast Park and Changi Coastal Road for plane spotters and cyclists/joggers alike.
                          Last edited by yflyer; 10 February 2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Is it possible for me to purchase a trade day pass instead of the public day ticket? I've seen the website for trade day passes and it seems to require company information and business purposes.

Can I just fill up "as best to my knowledge" and pay for and use the trade pass?

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                              Is it possible for me to purchase a trade day pass instead of the public day ticket? I've seen the website for trade day passes and it seems to require company information and business purposes.

Can I just fill up "as best to my knowledge" and pay for and use the trade pass?
                              Yes, it should not be an issue. The info they requested is more for statistic purpose. Just take note that 12 feb will be super crowded as that will be the first full day.

Comment

Working...
                              X