T3 Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
    I've just reported you to your employer for wasting your company's time on internet forums. Bad employee, terrible, terrible, you should not be allowed to do this. When you are at work, you leave your personality and personal life at the door.
    Too bad, I am not even using a company network or PC ! But thanks to your advice. Agreed to your points completely !!

Comment

Looks like you've been using plenty of company time though.

I hope the security guard has a fair, reasonable, and rational supervisor.

Comment

Who could imagine a post about a guard looking at his/her phone would turn into a 3-page thread?

Comment

Just had this thought. The security authorities(including the officer in question), if they wanted to, would be able to know who you are through the multitude of cameras covering every nook and cranny in the airport. So, be prepared for extra checks.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
            Just had this thought. The security authorities(including the officer in question), if they wanted to, would be able to know who you are through the multitude of cameras covering every nook and cranny in the airport. So, be prepared for extra checks.
            Sure, as a passenger. I have nothing to hide and I already write in to refect about my concern using my real name. There is nothing to hide right? So what is it to affaird off?

I love to have extra check, and same for me to them too ! This is to protect the safety of all passengers using the airport.

Comment

Can't you see him trolling with all the attention?? Anymore and he will explode.

cscs1956 - I can't agree with you more that security is of paramount imprtance. But let's be tolerant towards another fellow human being and accord the benefit of the doubt. The world is beautifully imperfect and it is this that makes it interesting. You'd be bored if everything ran like clockwork.

Comment

Agreed, still remember the ICA (mixed up passport case) few years back happen in Changi airport?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                  Agreed, still remember the ICA (mixed up passport case) few years back happen in Changi airport?
                  Don't know anything about that but I bet it's not as funny as the 11 year old boy who doesn't even have a passport who managed to get through security and on a plane to Rome, that took off, without a Passport, Boarding Pass or documentation.

BTW, I thought you told us you were a taxi driver ?. I know a few taxi drivers and none of them allegedly fly as much as you do. Are you an international taxi driver ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Don't know anything about that but I bet it's not as funny as the 11 year old boy who doesn't even have a passport who managed to get through security and on a plane to Rome, that took off, without a Passport, Boarding Pass or documentation.

BTW, I thought you told us you were a taxi driver ?. I know a few taxi drivers and none of them allegedly fly as much as you do. Are you an international taxi driver ?.
                    Could not remember the exact date. One case that password holder actually mix up hs passport with his son (or family). He is unable to get thru with the passport machine, so he was ask to refer to ICA office. The official in charge without checking much details and let him "pass". In the end, he found he was using a wrong passport (when he reach the destination as his family is going to different country).

Comment

believed there were two cases of immigration lapses which resulted in the passenger taking the wrong family passports and were allowed into the transit area - should be in the Straits Times archives.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                        Could not remember the exact date. One case that password holder actually mix up hs passport with his son (or family). He is unable to get thru with the passport machine, so he was ask to refer to ICA office. The official in charge without checking much details and let him "pass". In the end, he found he was using a wrong passport (when he reach the destination as his family is going to different country).
                        Never heard of that one, but as expected it's nowhere near as funny as that 11 year old at MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          believed there were two cases of immigration lapses which resulted in the passenger taking the wrong family passports and were allowed into the transit area - should be in the Straits Times archives.
                          I do remember there was one incident 3 or 4 years back when this guy mistakenly took his father's passport to check in and managed to get all the way into the aircraft, passing through the all the multiple security barriers in place. It was only when he was onboard and about to fill up his immigration form that he realized his security blunder and informed the cabin crew immediately.

And it so happened that this guy was a ST journalist. He wrote a report about it on ST and it became an hot issue.

Comment

I do remember there was one incident 3 or 4 years back when this guy mistakenly took his father's passport to check in and managed to get all the way into the aircraft, passing through the all the multiple security barriers in place. It was only when he was onboard and about to fill up his immigration form that he realized his security blunder and informed the cabin crew immediately.

And it so happened that this guy was a ST journalist. He wrote a report about it on ST and it became an hot issue.
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/berita.../message/67960

Comment

Think there is at least one other case if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X