No announcement yet.

Connecting in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you not fly NH or OZ? SIN-NRT-ORD or SIN-ICN-ORD and not have to worry about JFK...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Could you not fly NH or OZ? SIN-NRT-ORD or SIN-ICN-ORD and not have to worry about JFK...
      I suspect OP is saying goodbye to the 744

I have forgone 2 SIN-EWR trips for the same purpose!

Comment

But it's not SQ!

Jokes aside, I've flown NH before, SIN-NRT-ORD. While the service and food was comparable, I still find SQ better in various aspects. It is still quite a great way to fly. Thus I chose to fly SQ as far as I could go, then transfer to some domestic US airline to get to JFK. Also, flight was redeemed with miles.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          I suspect OP is saying goodbye to the 744

I have forgone 2 SIN-EWR trips for the same purpose!
          Actually I did consider flying the last SIN-FRA-JFK 744 service. While I do love the MEGATOP 744s, I think there would be more of a fanfare for the inaugural A380 to JFK than the last 744. Don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
            Alright sure, I'll pray hard. Thanks for the advice. I normally wouldn't take the risk flying via JFK with so little time to spare, but I decided fly SIN-FRA-JFK on 15th Jan
            I just remembered. 15/Jan 2012 is the 1st A380 flight to JFK....

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
            Actually I did consider flying the last SIN-FRA-JFK 744 service. While I do love the MEGATOP 744s, I think there would be more of a fanfare for the inaugural A380 to JFK than the last 744. Don't you think?
            You have to go earlier now

Comment

Arriving On Thanksgiving Weekend

While New York is my final destination, I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question

I'm arriving on Wednesday 26 November, the eve of Thanksgiving Long Weekend.

After a long flight from SIN, the last thing I want to experience is a long wait at immigration.

Would BA be a better choice than SQ, seeing they have T7 all to themselves?

From past experience, BA117 is the only flight arriving into T7 at 11am

Haven't taken SQ26 for a long time

Comment

Oh dear, eve of Thanksgiving is the one of the worst, if not the worst travel day of the year.

I've flown eve, day itself and black fri and so far, black fri is the best. Can you change?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Oh dear, eve of Thanksgiving is the one of the worst, if not the worst travel day of the year.

I've flown eve, day itself and black fri and so far, black fri is the best. Can you change?
                  Thanks 9V-JKL.

Unfortunately cannot change.

Spending Thanksgiving with kids.

Was hoping international terminals less affected than domestic

Maybe leave Monday night, arrive a day earlier? Hmmmm

Comment

Maybe leave Monday night, arrive a day earlier? Hmmmm
                    That'll definitely solve your problems!

Say hi to Tan for me

Comment

It really depends on how lucky you are as there's multiple international arrivals scheduled around the same time as SQ26. In mid-August, I waited 2 hours despite being one of the first ones off the plane

However, I did notice that if you were returning using the same ESTA, you were directed to use the U.S. Citizen/resident lanes, which were considerably shorter.

Comment

I'm on my way into New York having taken SQ26

There were no other arrivals at immigration & got through within 5 mins

T4 has been upgraded & they have automatic passport controls which expedite entry

( Similar to what Singaporeans / PRs do in SIN. Passport scanned, fingerprints checked. In addition, picture taken & 4 questions to be answered )

Thanks for all the advice from SQTalkers, especially a New York based one!
                        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 29 November 2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I should add that it's quick immigration clearance because I was in the ESTA queue. Non ESTA & first time using ESTA is different ( manual processing ) queue

Comment

Flew into T7 JFK on BA 744. (because I miss the pointy end of the 744)

T7 does not have the upgraded automated passport control that T4 does.

But the bags were waiting for us by the time we cleared immigration

Comment

(because I miss the pointy end of the 744)

And the upper deck too...

Comment

Arriving into T7

Is this doable?
                                Arriving into T7 on CX840 @ 1915 and connecting to a B6 flight @ 2245

I note that 2 BA flights from LGW & LHR arrive at 1920 and 1930 respectively also into T7. Will I be stuck in immigration hell if the CX flight is late?

Comment

Working...
                                X