KrisFlyer did poorly on Freddie Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisFlyer did poorly on Freddie Awards

The Freddie Awards Result came in a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if anyone noticed that KrisFlyer or the PPS Club did not win anything at all this year! As a matter of fact, StarAlliance members did not do very well at all.

Full results here

http://www.freddieawards.com/events/...l/results.html

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
    The Freddie Awards Result came in a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if anyone noticed that KrisFlyer or the PPS Club did not win anything at all this year! As a matter of fact, StarAlliance members did not do very well at all.

Full results here

http://www.freddieawards.com/events/...l/results.html
    Not surprising with the watered down PPS, near impossibility in getting redemption seats and increased redemption requirements for A380/773ER. I won't vote for Krisflyer myself.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      Not surprising with the watered down PPS, near impossibility in getting redemption seats and increased redemption requirements for A380/773ER. I won't vote for Krisflyer myself.
      Couldn't agree more. It would be more surprising, and seriously damaging for the Freddie's credibility, should Krisflyer have won anything other than a dog bone.

Comment

It's kinda hard, but I've been only recently been able to separate my feelings for an Airline vs its' FFP.

Krisflyer as an FFP is nowhere near as good as SQ is as an Airline.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          It's kinda hard, but I've been only recently been able to separate my feelings for an Airline vs its' FFP.

Krisflyer as an FFP is nowhere near as good as SQ is as an Airline.
          Yes, but only recently has there been a major divergence.

In the past, the PPS programme was a key contributor to the overall feel-good factor and loyalty towards SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            I admit I still haven't quite succeeded in doing that.
            Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Yes, but only recently has there been a major divergence.

In the past, the PPS programme was a key contributor to the overall feel-good factor and loyalty towards SQ.
            Even regular KrisFlyer seemed to be OK in the past. Stingy, but still valuable. Now it feels downright miserly if you don't have a KrisFlyer-affiliated credit card to boost the miles earned.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Even regular KrisFlyer seemed to be OK in the past. Stingy, but still valuable. Now it feels downright miserly if you don't have a KrisFlyer-affiliated credit card to boost the miles earned.
              Well I do have a KF-earning credit card, but even so I doubt I could ever bring myself to redeem at the extortionate rates they want for F or J class on the 77W/A380.

So for now there are ever-dwindling redemption options on 744s and regional routes, but at some point Krisflyer simply becomes untenable for me unless they relax the requirements for Saver redemptions.

Comment

Do other airlines actually have similar system as KrisFlyer? Saver redemptions and non-Saver? Or is this system is only being used "exclusively" by KrisFlyer?

Comment

UA has a saver/standard award program as well. I'm not a UA MP member so cant tell you how it really works. I'll leave it to the UA experts on this board

Comment

Do other airlines actually have similar system as KrisFlyer? Saver redemptions and non-Saver? Or is this system is only being used "exclusively" by KrisFlyer?
                    Lots of airlines have a similar system.

Comment

Do you get miles on the Krisflyer non-saver redemption tickets? I got KF Miles credited into my account for the one way trip.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                        Do you get miles on the Krisflyer non-saver redemption tickets? I got KF Miles credited into my account for the one way trip.
                        Lucky you! you are not supposed to and I have never gotten any before. Though I've only redeemed non-saver redemption tickets twice in my life.

Comment

Lucky you! you are not supposed to and I have never gotten any before. Though I've only redeemed non-saver redemption tickets twice in my life.
                          Gee...better count my blessings. Yes, lucky me. Otherwise I don't get too much out of Krisflyer.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            Well I do have a KF-earning credit card, but even so I doubt I could ever bring myself to redeem at the extortionate rates they want for F or J class on the 77W/A380.

So for now there are ever-dwindling redemption options on 744s and regional routes, but at some point Krisflyer simply becomes untenable for me unless they relax the requirements for Saver redemptions.
                            Same, same lah. Like you can read my mind . nah seriously, I feel exactly the same about this. I also got my KF Amex but I have stopped putting any air miles into the KF account even when flying SQ forgoing the 25% bonus miles I could collect. I rather shuffle those flights to BMI DC (even though I'm mighty late in the game on this but still enough flights planned to allow for a nice redemption later this year)

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              Lots of airlines have a similar system.
                              True but in 'THEORY* they do not exclude certain flights operated by specific a/c types from saver award redemption. They just don't load any inventory for it

Comment

Working...
                              X