Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Spotting at airport:<Is this also applicable in SYD? <Help needed here>
    There are another web sites that I would highly recommend:

http://www.16right.com/

http://www.16right.com/YSSY/Airport%20Map.htm

http://www.crc.id.au/xplane/charts/S...%28YSSY%29.pdf

Comment

For the express pass, don't produce it if you see no queues at immigration. Save it for another time. Most likely, there will be a few customs agents around the carousal to clear you.

Comment

That's what I do too. Also means if I'm travelling with someone who does not get given an express card I have spares I can give them to come through with me.

Comment

SYD T1 Members' Renovation Updates

Hi,
          I posted this question on another forum but was wondering if some members would be able to assist us all here.
          The Sydney Airport Terminal 1 Renovations now seem to be progressing well but the official website seems a bit slow in updating things such as:

-Terminal 1 maps showing newly opened retail outlets.
          -Actual photos showing the progress of the work.

I wonder if members would be able to post pics here of the terminal shwowing some of these things to other members.
          I'm not travelling until December 19th and will update somethings soon after I arrive in North America.

Being a 'non-lounger', I'm keen to find out the new food options post-security.

I look forward to your contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by ashsta77 View Post
            Hi,
            Being a 'non-lounger', I'm keen to find out the new food options post-security.

I look forward to your contributions.
            At the moment via Pier C the food options are still the same as they have been for the last year. There doesn't appear to be any new food places going in, just more shopping...

Hopefully this construction thing gets completed soon. Getting a little tired of the trek from Pier B to Pier C and having to negotiate the nu(is)ance duty free stores enroute...

Comment

New food stores in the forum

Have many food outlets in or around the new forum opened this month or late November?

Comment

Taxis when travelling with infants

Do note that if you're travelling with an infant under 12months, you will need to get a taxi with child seats else they will not take you. And the wait can be quite a while....

Comment

Speaking back in March 2009 the Cheapest way to get into the City is to take the local bus, Number 400 towards Burwood, Do not get on the number 400 service heading to Bondi. this can be boarded outside International arrivals just head to your right once outside this will be a 2 minute walk . Ask for a single to Banksia Station, From memory it was $1.80. Alight there and get the train into Sydney on the Illawarra (blue) Line, again from memory aprrox $3.50. As for smoking you can smoke outside at the cafe below the observation deck situated at the far left end of the airport near the Qantas check in. I forget the name of it, people were smokimg on the Observation deck also, There is a lift or staircase to get up there with pretty good views across Runway 16R with the City skyline to your left hand side. Hope this helps.
                  Last edited by Andy Simpson; 18 November 2010, 12:08 AM. Reason: Added script

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    Yes, I believe there is one near to McDonald's. I know there are sets of coin operated lockers around that area as well. I will confirm next week when I am at the airport again.

As for free internet, I know for sure there is one sponsored by Optus with 3 or 4 monitors in the arrival hall close to the the meeting point. This is however on the land side. I will check if there is any on the airside or on the land side of the departure hall.

Additional note to add for Departure section:

- Trolley in the Departure hall will cost A$4 and it is non-refundable.
                    Take it back out and re-sell it to another passenger, That is what I did

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      How long is that walk, Kiwi? Does the train get you into the center of the city?
                      Walking to Wolli Creek is 15mins or so, Illawara blue line train straight into the City, Circular Quay etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Simpson View Post
                        Walking to Wolli Creek is 15mins or so, Illawara blue line train straight into the City, Circular Quay etc.
                        For the geographically challenged, a map from the international terminal (T1) to Wolli Creek train station:
                        http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...ailway-Station

From the domestic terminal (T2, T3) to Mascot train station:
                        http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...4,0.01399&z=16

Comment

I cant believe that SYD International Terminal does NOT have any lounge associated with Priority Pass member!!! SQTalkers - make sure u eat well before u fly out next time if Priority Pass is the only access you have to airport lounges! Very disappointed with...dont know the airport or PP

Comment

and shock horror MEL is the only airport in Australia that has an affiliated airside lounge ...

TBH, Priority Pass isn't widely recognised or marketed in Australia and personally, I'd never heard of it until I started to travel to Asia a number of years ago...

Does that make me ignorant? I doubt it - a number of QF plats that I know haven't heard of it and my father also a QF plat / AA Exec Plat thought that it was MH's FFP so go figure

Comment

Can my checked bags be tagged all the way to AKL from ICN? Flying OZ and NZ with a 2 hr connection so it'll be tight if i need to recheck in.

Thanks!

Comment

"should" be no problem, you'd only need to "re-check" if you had a domestic connection..

Bags can be tagged all the way through...

Comment

Working...
                                X