F redemption opening up chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F redemption opening up chances

Two of us want to fly F from PVG to SIN in December. Only one seat is available in F but two in Raffles. The F cabin is currently empty on the date and flight we want. If I book an F redemption, what are the chances SQ would open another one up in the next seven days?

We want to travel together. Is it better to just book two Raffles seats and be done with it?

I speak with limited experience VC10 Boy, but will try to assist.

I suppose the first question would be which frequent flyer programme are you trying to use to redeem the award seats? If it's anything other than KrisFlyer, I believe that folk will say you'll have only a very slim (or no) chance of scoring two seats on the same flight (correct me if I'm wrong,...just what I've heard from other board members). On the other hand, with KF, the picture appears to be more hopeful.

The second question is, are you prepared to be *slightly* flexible with the date/time you fly? I've just done a quick dummy booking search for 2 First Saver awards on the KF booking site and it shows clear availability for every day in December (I tried from the 1st to 31st inclusive). Granted, on some days only SQ833 is available, but on perhaps 90%+ of the dates, both SQ833 and SQ825 have two First Saver award seats free for booking. I haven't tried searching for availability of regular (non-saver) F awards, but presume there will be even more availability. It seems, however, that it might be best to save your miles and go for the F saver award (well, that would be my thoughts).

Because there seems to be plenty of seats available, it might be better to change your plans ever so slightly in order to get F rather than J seats.

Hope this helps in some way

Comment

VC10 Boy, my experiences with F Class PVG to SIN are that the cabin don't have that fantastic a load. Only once F have been filled up. I think your chances are pretty good particularly if you are using KF Miles.

Good Luck and let us know if you get it.

And finally welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

I've found that seats in F for intra-Asia routes are widely available at around one week before departure, even to Star Alliance members, if the cabin itself is not too busy. They do seem to restrict the availability very tightly until that point, though.

I guess you can book the two of you into Raffles for now, and then wait for 2 seats to open up in F. I'd say that there's a good chance of two seats opening up by the time of departure, especially if you're flexible regarding timing.

Comment

Working...
        X