Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autumn in Hokkaido and an SQ Suites Experience (FD, XJ, GK and SQ Suites)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next is the Futamono course, which consisted of Braised Kurobuta pork belly. This was delicious, with melt-in-the-mouth and flavourful proteins! The beetroot puree added a different dimension to the meat as well.

The inflight manager came round to recommend a red wine to go with the pork. It was a very smooth wine indeed and paired well. "More wine?" after I had finished my glass. Apparently no one else was drinking wines in the Suites cabin and the crew were keen to sell the excellent wines.

The rest of the hot courses arrived. Yakimono, Gohan, Kounomono and Tome-***. These were good and light after the heavier meat course.

And finally the dessert course. Requested for both the International and Japanese desserts (yes, I have a very sweet tooth), which the crew gladly prepared. The whole meal service was very well-paced according to individual passenger, allowing sufficient time to savour the food.

The international dessert was the Warm orange financier cake with chocolate ice-cream. It was sinful but great.

In contrast, the Japanese selection of Yuzu cake with yuzu sorbet was a lighter option and could serve as a palate cleanser. Also had a genmai tea with the dessert.

Last edited by ycp81; 23 November 2018, 11:46 PM.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

To end the meal service, the crew offered cheeses and fruits. I declined the cheeses and just had a melon. Pralines were also offered and I ordered a Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee to finish.

After the awesome meal, I hopped over back to the double bed suite, where a bottle of evian was already placed beside the bed.

As the bed was so comfortable and the cabin temperature was cool enough to snuggle under the duvet, I was soon fell asleep for more than an hour.

When I woke up, we were just 40min away from landing. Requested for another Blue Mountain prior to descend, and luckily it was delivered just before the seatbelt signs came on and things started to get a bit bumpy.

Descending into Singapore. My 'Suite' life was about to end soon.

My Travel Map

Comment

Without any hold, we descended rapidly, approached and landed on Rwy20R almost 30min ahead of schedule. This could be one of the rare times when I wished my flight would not land early.

Video of the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4TxadBbPJY

Just a short taxi to the gate at T3.

Last look at the luxurious and grand suite.

Disembarked. Just a small nit-pick here. The first few economy passengers had disembarked from Door 2 prior to the Suites passengers from Door 1. Another first world problem haha.

Verdict: It was a wonderful experience flying on SQ Suites. Service was exceptionally personal and professional, catering was wonderful on this flight, and the hardware certainly stood the test of time and remained very comfortable and luxurious. It was definitely a fantastic and memorable flight, and I am certainly looking forward to my next Suites experience on SQ!

Thanks for reading and your comments are welcomed!

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
          Very nice photos and write up. I went to the exact same places (Even stayed at the Dormy Inn in Otaru too) during winter last year, and it brought back many great memories of my trip. Its especially nice seeing the landscape in various colour other than just white.
          Thanks for reading. Guess I need to plan a winter trip there!

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Thanks, ycp81, for the great TR. Planning a trip there in spring, so your tips are going to be very useful.
            Guess it will be a very different scenery in spring. Enjoy!

My Travel Map

Comment

Awesome to see you enjoy the Suites. The so called "old" Suites are still fantastic products ahead of most competitors. May be only EY is slightly ahead. The only noticeable "imperfection" I find here is the size of the IFE screen and the slowness of it. Other than that, I think it is still the best way to fly.

I never really noticed the 2 window vs 3 windows Suites. I usually avoid Row 3 because one time we were there, i thought the galley was a little noisy and busy.

They always do pamper passengers sometimes to the point of discomfort. i still find it weird they want to tuck me into bed. Even my mother does not ever do that.

Between Krug and Dom, i prefer the Krug, much gentler on my palate and light as clouds. Can't go back to Charles Heidseck anymore. haha.

Comment

Working...
              X