Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit in LAX from SQ 12 to AA

Hi,
    This summer, I will be going to Chicago via NRT and LAX for my second ever first class flight flight. I know I've been pretty useless on the forum, but I have a question regarding transit times.

I will be arriving on SQ 12 which arrives at 12:55 PM and connecting to AA 1890 at 4.25PM. Is this enough connection time, as my mother and I will both be carrying 2 check in bags as we'll be in Chicago for a month and I understand that SQ won't be able to check our luggage all the way through to ORD.
    Thanks,
    Viraj
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

hi viraj. first off, enjoy your first class flight. sq 12 is one of my favorite routes. as for your questions: 3.5 hours is definitely enough time for connection. you can have SQ TAG your bag through to ORD; however, you still need to COLLECT it once you land in LAX and go through immigration. after you collect your bag and pass customs, there is a connecting passengers exit. you drop off your bag there and proceed to terminal 4, which is directly next to Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX. just exit and walk 2 mins to your right, and you are all set.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation on the baggage and for the information regarding the terminal transit at LAX. Very helpful.
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

You will need to take hold of all your bags for customs clearance in Los Angeles, but be sure you have them tagged for the AA flight to Chicago. In the customs area of the Bradley terminal there is a "connecting flight" luggage collection area after completion of government formalities. There are no Agents from any airline to place a new tag on your bag, so be sure it is tagged all the way when you hand over the bags where you board.

If you purchase any duty free items on board that are liquid like perfume or liquor you will not be allowed to carry it on-board the AA flight to Chicago. You must pack it into your existing luggage in the after customs but before the connecting flight baggage area. Bring your own bubble wrap.

The walk is short from the Bradley building to the AA terminal 4 next door, however, the Bradley building is under construction and is quite the mess at the moment. If you mom is the least bit infirm or just slightly elderly ask SQ for assistance. They will have a wheelchair doorside to take your mom through immigration and customs, then move through security in the AA terminal to the Admiral's Club in Terminal 4 across from gate 40. The Los Angeles club has showers which are most enjoyable after a long flight.

Enjoy your summer in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
        X